Apple is killing it with A10x and A11 Arm processors

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Where is Microsoft going to get a ARM processor that good running ARM architecture? 5000 and 10000 on geekbench single and multicore respectively.
Lets say they don't, then Windows on Arm will have a always connected tablet that is not fast enough as Ipad Pro.
That product will not be best of class.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Where is Microsoft going to get a ARM processor that good running ARM architecture? 5000 and 10000 on geekbench single and multicore respectively.
Lets say they don't, then Windows on Arm will have a always connected tablet that is not fast enough as Ipad Pro.
That product will not be best of class.
You're assuming that both OSes run identically which isn't the case. Put a Chevy 350 in a Vega and the same 350 in a Humvee and guess which one wins the drag race.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You're assuming that both OSes run identically which isn't the case. Put a Chevy 350 in a Vega and the same 350 in a Humvee and guess which one wins the drag race.

So you are calling Win 10 a Vega and IOS a Humvee?
IOS that runs native apps unlike UWP.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So you are calling Win 10 a Vega and IOS a Humvee?
IOS that runs native apps unlike UWP.
I was only making a point about equal hardware in dissimilar packaging, neither OS was targeted in any way. Reading means nothing without comprehension.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you been drinking? 🤣
Not lately. But besides the 5.7 I've put a Buick 3.8 Turbo V-6 in a Vega as well as a slightly massaged 5.0 in a Pinto. This hobby was a lot more expensive than phones but Oh Nellie!! The rush of those G-forces was a joy to behold. I had way more money than brains as a teenager. Well, not much has changed. 50 was just a number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo