Even Bill Gates Doesn’t Use Windows Mobile Anymore

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I think when he was still CEO he may have used Windows Mobile when it was PocketPC and WiMo 6.5 past that not sure. I think the Kin really killed the mobile vision of Microsoft but hey use what works for you. I think we have a better vision of what we want when we step outside of what were accustomed to. Android and iOS fit those perspectives of trying something different. It’s all about productivity anyways.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you doubt Bill Gates used a Windows phone?
You can massage this any way you want, but it’s certainly not a good thing.

Whether he does or doesn't is totally irrelevant to me. I'm not sure Gates ever cared for smartphones at all. At least, not the way they've evolved to this point. I concur with @slooksterpsv in that smartphones were originally meant to be a marriage of a phone and a PDA and were not intended for consumption by the masses. All the credit goes to Steve Jobs' vision of getting them out there for all the world to enjoy. I don't think John Chen uses a BlackBerry and it's been known that Larry Page and Eric Schmidt used legacy BlackBerrys. What does that say about their belief in their respective products? Not a thing.

As long as shareholders are happy with the money flowing in I doubt they care what their CEO uses. It seems users of the platform care more about it than anyone else and personally, I find that amusing. If Tim Cook announced he was going to ditch iPhones and use a Passport or go with a Sailfish OS phone, would you stop using your iPhone? Would you even care?

I have a Microsoft account, a Google account and an Apple ID. I can go to whichever platform I want and my app purchases will follow. Whatever is the best fit for me is what I go with, not what the CEO uses. I think I speak for a lot of us in the same situation.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Whether he does or doesn't is totally irrelevant to me. I'm not sure Gates ever cared for smartphones at all. At least, not the way they've evolved to this point. I concur with @slooksterpsv in that smartphones were originally meant to be a marriage of a phone and a PDA and were not intended for consumption by the masses. All the credit goes to Steve Jobs' vision of getting them out there for all the world to enjoy. I don't think John Chen uses a BlackBerry and it's been known that Larry Page and Eric Schmidt used legacy BlackBerrys. What does that say about their belief in their respective products? Not a thing.

As long as shareholders are happy with the money flowing in I doubt they care what their CEO uses. It seems users of the platform care more about it than anyone else and personally, I find that amusing. If Tim Cook announced he was going to ditch iPhones and use a Passport or go with a Sailfish OS phone, would you stop using your iPhone? Would you even care?

I have a Microsoft account, a Google account and an Apple ID. I can go to whichever platform I want and my app purchases will follow. Whatever is the best fit for me is what I go with, not what the CEO uses. I think I speak for a lot of us in the same situation.

Once again, you’re taking a general statement personal. No one cares what you or I think, it’s what perception it conveys. But hey, defend all you want.

My Bills just beat the Falcons so all is good!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It is just news is all to me, honestly. But because it makes the headlines everyone talks about it. News can happen to anyone and anything and then become the talk of the town. Microsoft is a circle of news good bad and ugly. It seems this had made a lot of hits probably because of all the hype that Windows Phone is dead. As if we already did not know or realize, and that this should solidified it all for all the fans. Why else publish a story about this that will get the attention of readers. Let's face it, mobile is popular topic. People of all ages own or have owned one. Who would not read and want to know this. I think it is cool he does not use Windows 10 mobile and is not ashamed or afraid to admit it. Why would he be right? I mean if the shoe fits wear it, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs