10-01-2017 05:30 PM
26 12
tools
    https://www.neowin.net/news/bill-gat...-for-an-iphone

Mr. Gates didn’t move to iOS but that’s totally expected.

It’s sad to see the founder of Microsoft not even using Windows Mobile...that’s definitely a huge blow plus I think it cements the fact that Microsoft isn’t making a new mobile OS but instead is going 100% in on making apps for iOS and Android OS.

I wonder which Android phone he uses...probably a Pixel.
    Last edited by Extremevl; 09-26-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    09-25-2017 10:19 PM
    Just the vote of confidence hp needed.....

Sent from mTalk
    09-26-2017 03:25 AM
    I think Bill looks after the pennies. I have him with a Oneplus 5
    09-26-2017 12:31 PM
    Does anyone really believe he does not have the same Android phone sold in the Microsoft stores.
    vEEP pEEP and caesar500 like this.
    09-26-2017 03:22 PM
    I think he is using a Samsung phone likely a S8, the "MS edition" with preloaded microsoft apps...
    09-26-2017 04:08 PM
    I think he is using a Samsung phone likely a S8, the "MS edition" with preloaded microsoft apps...
    Yeah that makes sense but can't you download those same apps on any phone running Android OS?

To me it seems like he would use the Pixel because of the faster updates plus it would be more similar to a Windows Mobile 10 phone than anything else; specially compared to heavy skinned phones like Samsung.
    Wolfjt likes this.
    09-26-2017 05:57 PM
    Yeah that makes sense but can't you download those same apps on any phone running Android OS?
    Definitely. I have them on my LG V20 and previously had them on my Moto X Pure Edition.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-26-2017 06:21 PM
    Also on the day I hear my O365 subscription is going up to $10....
    09-26-2017 06:51 PM
    The irony of this....
    09-26-2017 07:47 PM
    I don't know why shouldn't he. Android's Play store has every MS app that you can find on WP + more. Only one thing missing is the keyboard, SwiftKey (apparently owned by MS) is still different
    09-26-2017 11:34 PM
    Good for him, but it would be nice to know what he switched from and ultimately why. There's nothing wrong with Android, it's just not Windows 10 Mobile though. Wonder if he got tired of Edge on Windows 10 Mobile? Lol, Edge has to be the only sore thumb to me right now on W10M. Fortunately third party Browsers are popping up, but the OS is not completly ready or tailored for them yet.

Personally I'm not drawn to a Lumia, an Elite X3, or the like due to its hardware. Nor apps or lack of. I use like 4 apps out of the store consistently and I'm good with them. I'm drawn to a Windows device because of the OS platform in itself. I guess im fortunate that im able to get the small details I need satisfied from a couple of the remaining phones running official Windows 10 Mobile. Even if I have to enable or tweak things to get it the way I need or like. Call me nuts but I'll use any working phone running Windows 10 Mobile until either something better comes along from Microsoft or I'm forced to used Android or something else. The iPhone is so expensive now, it's just not worth it it seems anymore. Why have to go into debt for something like an iPhone or any phone for that matter when you can put that money where it's return is more immediate or noticeable. It's a hobby for some of us, smartphones tend to be a hobby for me honestly, and it can get expensive if you're not careful. I don't mind using 3 or 4 year old Windows phones if I have to as long as W10M runs on it. Then I know I'm getting the same functionality as any other Windows device only to be concerned with performance if anything.
    09-27-2017 01:10 AM
    So what?
    09-27-2017 06:26 PM
    So what?
    I 2nd that.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    09-29-2017 12:37 AM
    I have this OCD thing where I don't like to use apps from another software, I know it's petty, but that's why i use Microsoft.
    I feel like the new s8 stole so many things from Microsoft, there continuum wanna be with the dex, iris scanner, always on glance display and probably other things i missed to list
    09-29-2017 05:16 PM
    Well, for what it's worth, David Gates (me) still uses Windows phone, and he might be the last human to do so, in the not-so-distant future.
    Player Piano likes this.
    09-30-2017 09:08 AM
    So, teh end is nigh - Mr. Gates uses Android. Cool for him, I always liked Android for the openness. I'm guessing Allen uses android also, since neither particularly cared for the post-Jobs Apple. https://www.neowin.net/news/bill-gat...-for-an-iphone
    09-30-2017 09:33 PM
    So what?
    It certainly doesn’t affect users, it’s just ironic and says a lot about the platform. Now if he had gone iPhone the earth would have shifted a couple of degrees!
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-01-2017 06:47 AM
    It certainly doesn’t affect users, it’s just ironic and says a lot about the platform. Now if he had gone iPhone the earth would have shifted a couple of degrees!
    It says nothing. John DeLorean never drove Pontiacs, he loved Ferraris. I don’t agree with the notion that the CEO has to use his company’s products. Dr. Luis Miramontes is credited with inventing the birth control pill. I doubt he ever used it.
    10-01-2017 11:24 AM
    It says nothing. John DeLorean never drove Pontiacs, he loved Ferraris. I don’t agree with the notion that the CEO has to use his company’s products. Dr. Luis Miramontes is credited with inventing the birth control pill. I doubt he ever used it.
    You always have a way of putting things into perspective.
    10-01-2017 11:26 AM
    Do you doubt Bill Gates used a Windows phone?
    You can massage this any way you want, but it’s certainly not a good thing.
    rinosaur likes this.
    10-01-2017 12:12 PM
    I think when he was still CEO he may have used Windows Mobile when it was PocketPC and WiMo 6.5 past that not sure. I think the Kin really killed the mobile vision of Microsoft but hey use what works for you. I think we have a better vision of what we want when we step outside of what were accustomed to. Android and iOS fit those perspectives of trying something different. It’s all about productivity anyways.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-01-2017 12:20 PM
    Do you doubt Bill Gates used a Windows phone?
    You can massage this any way you want, but it’s certainly not a good thing.
    Whether he does or doesn't is totally irrelevant to me. I'm not sure Gates ever cared for smartphones at all. At least, not the way they've evolved to this point. I concur with @slooksterpsv in that smartphones were originally meant to be a marriage of a phone and a PDA and were not intended for consumption by the masses. All the credit goes to Steve Jobs' vision of getting them out there for all the world to enjoy. I don't think John Chen uses a BlackBerry and it's been known that Larry Page and Eric Schmidt used legacy BlackBerrys. What does that say about their belief in their respective products? Not a thing.

As long as shareholders are happy with the money flowing in I doubt they care what their CEO uses. It seems users of the platform care more about it than anyone else and personally, I find that amusing. If Tim Cook announced he was going to ditch iPhones and use a Passport or go with a Sailfish OS phone, would you stop using your iPhone? Would you even care?

I have a Microsoft account, a Google account and an Apple ID. I can go to whichever platform I want and my app purchases will follow. Whatever is the best fit for me is what I go with, not what the CEO uses. I think I speak for a lot of us in the same situation.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-01-2017 02:59 PM
    Whether he does or doesn't is totally irrelevant to me. I'm not sure Gates ever cared for smartphones at all. At least, not the way they've evolved to this point. I concur with @slooksterpsv in that smartphones were originally meant to be a marriage of a phone and a PDA and were not intended for consumption by the masses. All the credit goes to Steve Jobs' vision of getting them out there for all the world to enjoy. I don't think John Chen uses a BlackBerry and it's been known that Larry Page and Eric Schmidt used legacy BlackBerrys. What does that say about their belief in their respective products? Not a thing.

As long as shareholders are happy with the money flowing in I doubt they care what their CEO uses. It seems users of the platform care more about it than anyone else and personally, I find that amusing. If Tim Cook announced he was going to ditch iPhones and use a Passport or go with a Sailfish OS phone, would you stop using your iPhone? Would you even care?

I have a Microsoft account, a Google account and an Apple ID. I can go to whichever platform I want and my app purchases will follow. Whatever is the best fit for me is what I go with, not what the CEO uses. I think I speak for a lot of us in the same situation.
    Once again, you’re taking a general statement personal. No one cares what you or I think, it’s what perception it conveys. But hey, defend all you want.

My Bills just beat the Falcons so all is good!
    10-01-2017 03:07 PM
    It is just news is all to me, honestly. But because it makes the headlines everyone talks about it. News can happen to anyone and anything and then become the talk of the town. Microsoft is a circle of news good bad and ugly. It seems this had made a lot of hits probably because of all the hype that Windows Phone is dead. As if we already did not know or realize, and that this should solidified it all for all the fans. Why else publish a story about this that will get the attention of readers. Let's face it, mobile is popular topic. People of all ages own or have owned one. Who would not read and want to know this. I think it is cool he does not use Windows 10 mobile and is not ashamed or afraid to admit it. Why would he be right? I mean if the shoe fits wear it, right?
    libra89 likes this.
    10-01-2017 04:11 PM
    Now if he had gone iPhone the earth would have shifted a couple of degrees!
    lol

I imagine the bd blood between Gates and Scully still sticks in his mind. I liked Apple before that loser showed up.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl
    10-01-2017 05:24 PM
26 12