101 uses for an abandoned Windows Mobile Device:

jarski

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
my 930 is social media phone. advertisers wont target mobile windows platform, so facebook, instagram, twitter experience is ad free. am listening podcasts with it as well while in office.

Martin Plamondon

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my 4th Windows Phone now. My first was HTC Touch Dual with Windows Mobile 6.1, then I had an HTC 8X, both are now gathering dust in a drawer.

My third was a Lumia 830, I gave it to my dad when I bought my Lumia 950xl which is still my daily driver. My dad was impressed by the Lumia 830 and thought why aren't these phones the most popular with the nice interface and ease of use... Sadly for the same reason my dad had never considered it before, Microsoft is horrible at marketing so people didn't hear about them...

abel46

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
"I put my old 920 in my shirt pocket.... If someone shoots me, it can become my bullet proof vest and stop bullets.. "

Or you can grab it in your hand and use it as a self defense tool if somebody attach you. :)

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I just fished out my old Lumia 920 today. I still can't believe how great that phone was. I'm using a Lumia 650 now, but like most people, it'll likely be my last.

And yeah, I'll keep them even if/when I switch platforms.

khunter08

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm still using my Nokia Lumia 920(at least until HMD comes out with the Nokia 9). My Nokia E62 still works as a remote control as well.

khunter08

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
shmsnh:
The Nokia Lumia 920 is still a great phone. Compared to the Microsoft Lumia products, it's far superior, just not as big and fragile.

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I use a 950XL everyday, and miss the 1020 when I shoot a photo. Always have to think about what the 950XL cannot do "photo wise" when I shoot. If the 950 died I would probably fire up the old 1020 again.

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Traded my 950 into AT&T since it was eligible for an upgrade. Still use my 930, which I think is one of the best looking phones Nokia ever made.

CyberAngel777

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
What can you do with your MS abandoned 950xl or other W10M device?

1. Spoonrest
  2. Door Stopper
  3. Projector Leveler
  4. Drink Coaster
What other ways can we use these bricks?

I just bought a *NEW* Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows and I use it for VR experimentations since it came with a pair of VR goggles. My old Lumia 1520 serves as a spare for my Mom or me and since the superior technology hasn't suddenly become obsolete (just old) I use it for photos and UHD video (8.3MP photos at 30fps).
I'm also considering buying the hp Elite x3.
All the Windows phones still work and most are updated to the Windows 10 Mobile.
Haters are going to hate and keep on hating.
Happy Click-Baiting = Trick or worse Trick?

jason hendry1

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
as a x iPhone user I moved to windows mobile, live tiles and Cortana was the best and I miss them loadfs, I took the plunge expecting a wild west messy android experience and bought a s7 edge, I still miss live tiles and Cortana is still the only assistant to do proper location reminders. but apps became a issue for me in 2017 and microsfts blatent disregard over the last 3 years for the consumer and the developer led to apps like paypal and ebay to leave. What I can say is my s7 edge running marchmellow and nougat is absolutely not the wild west. battery life is like no other phone I have owned and ive owned a lot of smart phones, smooth running os and apps shocked me too, I didn't expect android to run so well, it just does, both iPhone and windows experience isn't even or ever been on par with the reliability my s7 edge has been(the only issue I have is audio. Android headphones repeat track with triple click and hold buton down for google assistant just doesn't work without a app where itll work in windows and ios wdevices as default. Speaker on s7 edge isn't great either.). apps are great and although we miss the odd iPhone app it really is fantastic. having a real you tube app isn't as good as having no adds no hass metro tube or tubecast but unlike those windows ones my you tube official app always works, it even casts in the same app I use daily unlike windowsmobiel did. google maps is way better than microsoft maps and googles intergration with chrome is magnicisant. I loved here maps on windows it was my fav but microsoft got rid of it leaving only microsoft maps, so now I'm using google maps and here go the android here maps. I wont be going back to microsoft and would leave them on desktop too if I could but I cant, microsoft has screwed me and mony other consumers over to many times. they know it too. the Lumia 930 is still one of my favorite phones ever shame the 950 wasn't even close to its quality build.

Go android if your wanting try something, the android of 2017 is not the same as the unreliable mess of 2008. iut really isn't, theres no live tiles which is sadly missed and google cant do everything Cortana does even 3 years later lol. but id still recommend android s7 edge for all the above.

NIST

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just it primarily as a connected music streaming device in the house. Just music apps on it and connected to Wi-Fi and to the whole house wifi enabled receiver. It even has Zune wallpaper. So I guess the device made a full circle. My Galaxy S8+ pulls heavy duty as my main phone and Win10 interface through DEX. It's been rescinded with Square home 2 launcher for a 99% Windows Phone look, feel and functionality.

Allansoyyo

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
As a gift to my 6 years old son. He knows how to take good pics on my 950xl. If some hacker would launch a ROM for android, I'm gonna take it back. I love that phone.

smallmountain

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine sat in a drawer for over a year. Then, I wanted to port a land line phone number to Google Voice. To do that, you have to port it to wireless first, and the cheapest way to do that is with a T-Mobile pre-paid account. I dug out my Lumia Icon, and sure enough, it worked well enough on T-Mobile for me to port my number there and then off to Google Voice! I'm sure glad I kept it around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon