Any owners left? Lets talk old school Windows mobile 6.5 and below.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I just recently moved my htc hd2 from 6.1 back to 6.5 energy rom that i got from xda forums. Oh man his roms he made look beautiful. Back in 2004 i had an hp ipaq rx1950 running WM 2005. Many fun memories. Was a alright device. It was last year i came back to Windows mobile now using my Lumia 950 as daily.

hnikesch

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I started my mobile computing in 1995 with the HP 95 LX running MS DOS then moved to the HP 100 LX Then switched to a Pocket PC till 2003 when a Phone running with Windows Mobile 2003 the I-Mate Jam was available, moved on to Windows Mobile 6.1, then on to Phone 8, 8.1, then on to 10. In between I used early Android and Windows CE machines. Those old machines were amazing, My daily driver is a Lumia 950. Still holding on to my 640 & 640 XL just in case. My I-Mate had voice calling back in 2003 I could hold a button and say call ***** and it did

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I still have an HTC HD2 lying around somewhere. I actually quite like 6.5.x. The last thing I did was put a custom ROM on it. In hindsight I liked the original better. I don't use it any more, but the cusomizability with custom ROMs was a great time. It's one of the few things I missed with windows phone in time. I currently like windows 10 mobile a lot. I just wish I could customize the individual live tiles more and have more live tile functionality. Then I would be a happy soul.

toshdellapenna

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been exclusive to Windows on mobile since I got my first device in 2003. It was a Dell Axim running Pocket Pc OS. I've stuck it out and I just picked up an Elite x3. I have most of my old winmo devices in a drawer and I'm considering repurchasing devices that I've sold or that were lost or stolen. I totally miss the ability to tweek the crap out of winmo and hope that the next version of windows on mobile gains the ability. As for old apps, I might have a couple of data disks around with apps on them.

Rowdy Bedsaul

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I've been exclusive to Windows on mobile since I got my first device in 2003. It was a Dell Axim running Pocket Pc OS. I've stuck it out and I just picked up an Elite x3. I have most of my old winmo devices in a drawer and I'm considering repurchasing devices that I've sold or that were lost or stolen. I totally miss the ability to tweek the crap out of winmo and hope that the next version of windows on mobile gains the ability. As for old apps, I might have a couple of data disks around with apps on them.

Bless you.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I still have an HTC HD2 lying around somewhere. I actually quite like 6.5.x. The last thing I did was put a custom ROM on it. In hindsight I liked the original better. I don't use it any more, but the cusomizability with custom ROMs was a great time. It's one of the few things I missed with windows phone in time. I currently like windows 10 mobile a lot. I just wish I could customize the individual live tiles more and have more live tile functionality. Then I would be a happy soul.

I wish live tiles had more functionality too. More choices for information to be presented and updated more often. I wish clicking on the tile always took me to the specific information.

EureSteinigkeit

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I had a HTC Touch 2 as my first Smartphone which uses Windows Mobile 6.5. I was really excited that i could finally use internet on my phone. Overall it was a pretty terrible device with a slow 528MHz processor and a resistive touchscreen. But it was cheap and worked for over 2 years until i got myself a new smartphone.
The HTC Touchflow userinterface was far above the stock Windows Mobile 6.5 interface in terms of usability.
So i wasn't really using much of the Windows Mobile interface in most usecases.

I dismantled the device recently because the battery inflated itself and it was no longer safe to keep it around.

Daniel Tyo

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Windows 6.5! Oh what great memories. I spent so much time reading that small screen and filled with amazing wonder thinking that Microsoft was really on to something great. The rest is a great and then a sad sad Satya story. Let's not forget all the great Microsoft supporters! (Sadly, I also remember the loser Windows Mobile Phone defectors, especially those that stuck around, dedicated to promote the fruit and the horrible goggle.)
So many lost opportunities.

Found memories.
Best Wishes

Agreed!!! I loved my HTC with the slider keyboard! Being able to sync contacts and calendar with Exchange was a game changer. Microsoft gave up the farm when they walked away from the mobile/phone market. Not to mention the rest of the MS products I bought into and they abandoned - Zune, Band 1/2. No more investment in MS hardware - it's not worth the heartbreak when they leave me with another orphan.

Andrew Pengelly

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I am involved in selling "industrial" mobile solution to a number of industries. For example couriers. A lot of the handheld scanners you see out there are still running WM6.5. Of course there are slowly moving to Android however for now there is still a large user base. Of course the OS is generally irrelevant to most of these users as they are typically locked down to a specific app. It's a shame MS never quite go the transition from WM to W8 and W10 right. Perhaps Windows IoT will work for them.

nCogNeato

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
My Windows Phone history

Samsung BlackJack (Windows Mobile 5)
Samsung BlackJack II (Windows Mobile 6)
Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7)
Lumia 1520 (Windows Phone 8/8.1/10/back to 8.1)
Lumia 640 (Windows Phone 8.1)

I remember having a Sega Genesis emulator on my BlackJack II, and playing SOOO many games. Some controls were pretty good (Streets of Rage series), some were impossible (Street Fighter). Good times.

Still holding hope for a future "Surface Phone". In the meantime, my Nokia 6 (Android 7.1.2) is my daily driver.

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Been using Windows on a phone device since the Palm Treo WX. I loved how Zune and Windows Phone were merging, although i wish they still kept building a music only device.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Found an app to take a screenshot of the homescreen on my HTC HD2 running custom rom name is KWBR with CE OS 5.2.21914 (build 21914.5.0.93) I thought id get a custom tsk skin to try to make the OS look like WM 6.1 I think I did pretty good lol
CapScr0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99