Any owners left? Lets talk old school Windows mobile 6.5 and below.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I had Compaq and HP iPaqs running Windows Mobile 2002 and 2003 - Pocket PC. Had all the accessories - charging cradles, sleeves that provided extra battery/SD card slots/PCMCIA card slots/compact flash cards, etc, had the SD WiFi cards, all of it. There was a surprising amount of software available. Thought I was in mobile heaven.

Tossed it all out about 5 years ago. Batteries were all dead and by then I had a Windows phone. Thought I was in mobile heaven again.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had Compaq and HP iPaqs running Windows Mobile 2002 and 2003 - Pocket PC. Had all the accessories - charging cradles, sleeves that provided extra battery/SD card slots/PCMCIA card slots/compact flash cards, etc, had the SD WiFi cards, all of it. There was a surprising amount of software available. Thought I was in mobile heaven.

Tossed it all out about 5 years ago. Batteries were all dead and by then I had a Windows phone. Thought I was in mobile heaven again.

Are you still "supporting" Windows mobile? (Or are you part of the problem?) Just wondering.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
No, I am not “part of the problem”. Microsoft’s cluelessness is the problem, not the fact that I was dumb enough to buy two 920s, two icons, two 1520s and a 950 XL dual sim.

I have since moved on. After a brief excursion into the Android world (don’t get me started....), I am now happily using iPhones and iPads. Typing this on a 13” iPad Pro, in fact. Sold all the windows phones, except for a 1520. My only regret now is the fact that I waited so long to move on. I’m tired of being an outcast - stuck in the wilderness that is Windows Mobile. It’s good to be back in civilization again.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Respectfully, your comment does not relate to what I said. If you truly are wondering about how his comment affects my life, it obviously doesn't.
Best Wishes
This is a forum to express ideas and criticism, good or bad. Being "part of the problem" doesn't do anyone any good whether real or imagined. I'm one of the biggest supporters of the platform but I can't deny there are serious issues that have driven people away from it. Either you're with us or against us is not constructive and a downright stupid stance to take. It's a pervasive cancer that needs some serious chemo.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is a forum to express ideas and criticism, good or bad. Being "part of the problem" doesn't do anyone any good whether real or imagined. I'm one of the biggest supporters of the platform but I can't deny there are serious issues that have driven people away from it. Either you're with us or against us is not constructive and a downright stupid stance to take. It's a pervasive cancer that needs some serious chemo.

Wow! Just your ideas I guess.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You catch on quickly.

May I ask, why do you not respect other points of view, and yet claim this is a forum for other points of view? I have an opinion that you not only disagree with, but disparage. I accept that you disagree and as you say, think is a pervasive cancer. Nevertheless, I continue to support what I like, and I continue to think that others should support what they like too. I continue to think, that if someone likes something and doesn't support it, for whatever reason, then they are part of the problem. I accept that others disagree.
Best wishes.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
May I ask, why do you not respect other points of view, and yet claim this is a forum for other points of view? I have an opinion that you not only disagree with, but disparage. I accept that you disagree and as you say, think is a pervasive cancer. Nevertheless, I continue to support what I like, and I continue to think that others should support what they like too. I continue to think, that if someone likes something and doesn't support it, for whatever reason, then they are part of the problem. I accept that others disagree.
Best wishes.

Pot meet kettle.

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Samsung Intrepid WM6.5 from Sprint and looks and works like new. But it is SLOW and the screen is tiny. I even have a spare battery for it. It was the first phone that I ever had that had wifi after my Samsung Ace quit working. They upgraded it for free to the Intrepid. A year or so later, I upgraded to the new Windows Phone 7 HTC Arrive which I also still have and was the last phone I owned that had a physical QWERTY keyboard.

I've wondered where I could get programs for the Intrepid but I don't think it will work on T-Mobile although my Lumia 822 (Verizon) does have limited capabilities on T-Mobile. Maybe I'll see if I can get it to work.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
What about this transition of windows mobile to windows phone?
Why Microsoft didn't use the orange one (4th) design where live tiles flip horizontally and I love how new notifications pop up.

https://youtu.be/u5n7vdUaQsg

I know its been some time though I had to come back to this. I got to say with that displays of what Windows Mobile could look like. I can't tell you which one I like most cause all of them look stunning even till this day... Gosh sometimes I wish Microsoft didn't just stop Windows Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb