LinkedIn, do you use it?

RHoudek2

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I've never really used it. Every now and then I update my profile, but I don't want to connect with work people more than I see them at work, so it's largely useless for me.

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I used to use LinkedIn, but I have since deleted my account. All it did was get me an endless stream of messages from recruiters, most of which were nowhere close to where I live. Honestly the Microsoft acquisition made no difference for me.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Sideloading apps? :grin:.
The average person doesn't side load apps :) people like you and I won't have issues sideloading apps if need be but the question remains - why should we sideload an app for a service on Windows which is now officially owned by Microsoft?
No argument here, it's just that the situation has devolved to that point. It's Windows Mobile, or should we say, Workarounds Mobile.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk

the_craze

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've used it and still use it to keep my online resume up to date but it is such an absolute waste of time. I personally don't know anyone who has ever actually gotten a job from LinkedIn, I only ever get recruiter queries with no offers, and no one in my LinkedIn "network" has ever been helpful.

Now, if there was some kind of incentive to using it for it's intended purpose (getting jobs, finding talent), maybe there could be some real value there. Rating recruiters and companies, acquiring points/status for actually placing people with jobs, using AI to push qualified/matching candidates to an employer's new job posting, etc.

RayWP7

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that I use it about the same to more. I average a couple times a week reviewing connections, posts, and articles. I spend about once or twice a month surveying my local market for opportunities (SQL Server architecture/ administration).

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No argument here, it's just that the situation has devolved to that point. It's Windows Mobile, or should we say, Workarounds Mobile.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk

Haha, "Workarounds Mobile". That's pretty much the case these days or rather has been for a long time.

DiogoSousa

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

I've been using LinkedIn almost since its launch and to be honest I didn't notice any difference with Microsoft's acquisition.

For me it's a nice professional social network to keep in touch with professionals from my area, to take a look on profiles from people my organization wants to hire and also to "publicize" a lit bit my blog.

Maybe...what we may not notice since Microsoft acquisition of LinkedIn is all the information that Microsoft can use from that website to other services like Cortana and Microsoft Graph.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft acquisition of LinkedIn is all the information that Microsoft can use from that website to other services like Cortana and Microsoft Graph.

If I recall correctly, the information in LinkedIn was the reason Microsoft bought them. They made that very clear at the time.

Last edited:

DiogoSousa

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, not saying that this is wrong or something like that. Just saying that directly in LinkedIn I didn't noticed any changes since Microsoft acquisition but that we will receive benefits on other Microsoft services based on LinkedIn data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs