For The Love of the Beard

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

So I know we've got some folks who sport facial hair on the forum. Beards, moustaches, goatees...full on facial hair. Here's a space where we can talk about our facial...how long you've had it, how you maintain it, etc.

Feel free to post pictures of your look...as much as there is a place for the clean shaven, facial hair is where it's at!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine to kick things off...
9624bf4da1b10e2004d1e3087509fdfe.jpg

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Nice. How long did it take you to grow yours?
A couple of months, but I've had it for a couple of years now. This is about as long as I can let it get without looking too scraggly so I trim it occasionally to keep it at this length or a little shorter. I want to start to apply beard oils / balms more regularly on it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
A couple of months, but I've had it for a couple of years now. This is about as long as I can let it get without looking too scraggly so I trim it occasionally to keep it at this length or a little shorter. I want to start to apply beard oils / balms more regularly on it.
Yeah, that's the challenge of walking that fine line of scraggly vs a thick, full beard. I want to try some of those oils though. Is there a certain brand you're looking at or have used?

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, that's the challenge of walking that fine line of scraggly vs a thick, full beard. I want to try some of those oils though. Is there a certain brand you're looking at or have used?
I want to try the Bearded ******* line of oils and balms. A little pricy for me, but has great reviews and I like what I have read about the company and their back story and they have some interesting scents in their lineup.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I have stubble fairly consistently. I shave like once every week or so. My dad has always had a full on beard for as long as I can remember and while I do like the look of a beard I don't like the feeling of having one. My brother also alternates between having a beard and being clean shaven.

As far as beard oils go I haven't ever really looked into them properly, the idea seems a bit alien to me in my ignorance.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The beard oils is interesting indeed.

Because of how my hair grows, to have that naturally full look, I need to grow it out. In order for some to keep it shorter yet looking full, I've seen them have the barber use dyes to paint over the spots in the beard where the skin tone will show. So from a healthy distance, there's that full, even look.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So, do people make changes to their beard? Or is it more sticking to one style?

For me, something I keep it very thick and sometimes I'll go for that thin look.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So, do people make changes to their beard? Or is it more sticking to one style?

For me, something I keep it very thick and sometimes I'll go for that thin look.
I grew back the 'stache and goatee combo about 2 weeks ago after a long absence. Geez, where'd all that grey come from? No way I can let it grow out like I had it before, I'll look like Moses at the end of the Ten Commandments.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I grew back the 'stache and goatee combo about 2 weeks ago after a long absence. Geez, where'd all that grey come from? No way I can let it grow out like I had it before, I'll look like Moses at the end of the Ten Commandments.
That's the challenge I have, as my grays are peeking out too. I've always had them from my teens...it's not at a point where I'd dye anything yet, but the few I have stand out like a more thumb...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's the challenge I have, as my grays are peeking out too. I've always had them from my teens...it's not at a point where I'd dye anything yet, but the few I have stand out like a more thumb...
When I was in my early 20s I had a couple in my mustache and I used beeswax to cover them up. It wasn't too bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon