Y'all, I think it's officially time for me to say goodbye to my Windows Phone as it's becoming harder and harder to work from it and enjoy its use.

So I'm now on the market for a new phone - YAY(?)! I'm thinking about getting the Blackberry Keyone as it looks like the perfect productivity phone! However, Microsoft left me with trust issues because of the killing of the Windows Phone and I don't want the same thing to happen with the Keyone once I get it.

With that being said, what are your thoughts? Is the Keyone worth getting? Is there a risk of it being a waste of money? What phone are you using?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    02-15-2018 12:28 PM
    I would recommend posting this on our sister site forums as well. You will probably get a lot of helpful responses there.
    Good luck.

forums.crackberry.com
    02-15-2018 01:24 PM
    Keyone or an Xperia running Sailfish.
    02-16-2018 12:11 AM
    LG V20 used for $170 off of ebay. Heck of a device at that price.
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-16-2018 01:00 AM
    i have windows phone last year but decided to switch to asus zenfone
    03-24-2018 08:34 PM
    I've been using the keyONE for the last little while. I absolutely love it. battery life is one of the most important features and I haven't been able to kill the battery in a regular days usage. not once and I'm a heavy user in my opinion. Yes, it's a little bit sluggish compared to my s8 but I'll take double the battery life trade off for that. The camera is good enough and I'm still a fan of the blackberry suite of apps and the vanilla android experience.

I highly recommend.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-24-2018 09:15 PM
    If you are worried about support I would definitely go with an Android device, maybe a Pixel order OnePlus. Regarding the KeyONE I don't know much about it, but I have noticed Blackberry making a good comeback recently after adopting Android, so I'm sure they'll be sticking around for a while.
    03-28-2018 12:59 PM
    If you're looking for support, BlackBerry doesn't seem to be the one to turn to. 2 years of security updates and only one major update for the Priv (5 > 6) isn't very impressive as Google and possibly some others beat that with two years of major OS updates and an extra year of security patches.

BlackBerry's suite of apps is excellent but mostly available on other phones for $1/month which I think is negligible for the value personally.

I would get the KeyOne only for the keyboard - the touchpad functionality on the Priv was great, I'm sure its great on the K1 too. Battery life is great but its hardly the only endurance champ out there.

But if you want a keyboard and the other perks, don't mind the likely "meh" update situation and the price is right, then sure.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-28-2018 01:40 PM