Will Android be relevant 5 years from now?

anon(10409867)

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
An issue with that is getting developers to get involved. Look at Tizen for an example. Has a better battery life than Android or even Apple, as I recall is more RAM efficient, and I think is a little leaner on how much storage it takes. Devs wouldn't touch it for building apps and programs with a 10 foot pole. Samsung even offered cash incentives to develop for it, and there were still no takers.

It may sound like sc-fi concept but what if the platform doesn't need devs to write code for it's apps? This doesn't look impossible thanks to recent thrust on AI & deep learning.

MatthewR413

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
It may sound like sc-fi concept but what if the platform doesn't need devs to write code for it's apps? This doesn't look impossible thanks to recent thrust on AI & deep learning.

So sort of like Progressive Web Apps? Something easily adaptable. Then, it doesn't really matter what your OS is anymore. They'll essentially be the same across IOS, Android, etc.

Michael Flintof

May 28, 2018
Visit site
For mobile OS, it is of course here to remain healthy.
Android is open source and every device manufacturer can customize it. Who will not want to use powerful OS for free?
I can not see any OS projects from Microsoft which has serious potential to replace android. And even it's original successful version of OS "Windows" is also failed on mobile and tablet devices.
Still, no one knows the perfect future but which current statistics and calculations, Android is here for at least 5 years from now and may even more few years.

Akshay M

Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Very tough.

Android app development is getting easier day by day. People are also focusing on hybrid solutions to cut the cost and complexity (for basic apps, of course.)

Not just android, any front end developer will face fierce competition in upcoming years. Unless you have exceptional fundamentals and can dive deeper into deepest details, you'll not even stand a chance.

Building a basic apps will be super easy (It's easy now also!). Developers who rely on stackoverflow or other similar platforms will have nightmares.

Only top players who can curate things with finest details, have top notch problem solving skills, strong command over data structures/algorithms will be able to survive.

Pistle123

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
The strength of Android system is its simplicity and user friendliness. We have seen so many other phones in the past but now no-one can beat Android in generation to generation acceptance and even Android Applications development is getting easier day by day. I think Android will have a market share as same as of now in coming years.

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I guess the real threat to Android today is concerns about data privacy. While privacy in general is an issue on other platforms as well but it's more prominent on Google ecosystem. Android or not, I want things to improve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb