Does Google treat OEMs better than than that of Microsoft ?

anon(10409867)

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Companies like Motorola, Lenovo, and now Nokia seems to have developed a healthy relationship with Google. And Google in return never disappoints them.

Contrary to that, Microsoft possess a do-not-care attitude when it comes to OEMs and has left many high & dry.

So, do you think that Microsoft should change their attitude towards OEMs?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Good question but do you mean OEM partners for mobile or PC products? If you mean mobile, Microsoft definitely hasn't helped themselves there. With PCs, I think Microsoft has the license to almost do what they want, they seem to support them more though.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Can it really be said Moto/Lenovo has a healthy relationship with Google?

Particularly now that Google is tied somewhat to HTC. Google had to do something to counter the Samsung train, but aligning with an OEM isn't likely great for any OWM not named Samsung or HTC.

And yeah, on the PC front, Microsoft had to kick start revive a tired, worn out OEM ecosystem. There isn't any indication MS is interested in doing anything other than aspirational devices that advance the platform.

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Can it really be said Moto/Lenovo has a healthy relationship with Google?

Particularly now that Google is tied somewhat to HTC.

Are the Pixel phones manufactured by HTC?

I agree, on the surface Google may seem to have a better relationship with its OEM's than Microsoft, but at least Microsoft never seriously competed with its own partners for market share. Of course the Surface Laptop might change that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Are the Pixel phones manufactured by HTC?

I agree, on the surface Google may seem to have a better relationship with its OEM's than Microsoft, but at least Microsoft never seriously competed with its own partners for market share. Of course the Surface Laptop might change that.

The smaller Pixel 2 is and if I'm not mistaken, HTC manufactured the first Pixel series.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers