Lately, there have been many security concerns regarding privacy and security when it comes to windows and internet threat waiting for you. Mostly threats target windows users so when i search for internet freedom and internet security VPN comes in the list to must have, so I have been searching a VPN for my windows 10 machine. Please recommend me good VPN service and how should I set it up..
    04-18-2018 07:06 AM
    Buy a Chomebook, you won't need to waste your money on a VPN service.
    04-18-2018 07:26 AM
    Tunnel Bear is a pretty good one, I've used before. Its secure, easy to use and its free.
    04-19-2018 04:09 PM
    Lately, there have been many security concerns regarding privacy and security when it comes to windows and internet threat waiting for you. Mostly threats target windows users so when i search for internet freedom and internet security VPN comes in the list to must have, so I have been searching a VPN for my windows 10 machine. Please recommend me good VPN service and how should I set it up..
    Follow these steps for windows 10 vpn installation:

1. From your desktop screen, click on the “Network” icon, located in the Windows Taskbar (next to the clock at the bottom right corner). Then, click on “Network Settings”.
    2. In the menu, under the Network & Internet title, select VPN and then click on “Add a VPN Connection”. Tick the advanced options, if needed.
    3. You will now be required to enter some information. Established a PPTP configuration.
    4. Once you have filled out all the bars, click on the “Save” button to create the VPN connection. Return to the previous menu, click on the connect button, and enjoy using VPN via PPTP protocol!

Source: https://www.bestvpn.co/best-vpn-for-windows/
    04-25-2018 09:46 AM
    Buy a Chomebook, you won't need to waste your money on a VPN service.
    This is a really stupid way of looking at the world. VPN isn't just for Windows security, it is for all security. That is why practically ALL VPN services out there have created apps for Android and/or Chromebooks.

This is the equivalent of saying "I don't buy antivirus because I have a Mac." If I was using a cloud based OS that required a constant network connection to be useful, I would 100% be using a VPN service on it.
    05-01-2018 09:57 AM
    Exactly what @GothardJ2 said. If someone says that need a VPN to protect their Windows PC, it sounds like they don't understand what VPN is...also maybe Windows PCs.

A VPN service provides protection from snooping between your computer and the internet service provider that it is connected to. The classic case for this is if you take your laptop to a coffee shop and connect to the free open wifi. You have limited protection from snooping in that case. A bad guy could watch your traffic and depending on which sites you are visiting, they could intercept your traffic, take control of your session and act as you on that site.

A VPN would create an encrypted tunnel that would send all of your network traffic out of the coffee shop out securely, so no one could eavesdrop on you in the restaurant.

If you live in an area of the world where you cannot trust your ISP, you could pay for a VPN service to do the same thing, encrypt all of your internet traffic flowing out through your home internet connection to terminate in some other point before entering the public internet. Realize though, that you are just transferring trust to another entity instead of your ISP. A VPN service could easily be analyzing your data or logging all of your internet connections without your knowledge.
    05-14-2018 09:04 AM