Who is in your wish list for Microsoft to acquire?

vdx0660

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
1. Adobe -- Microsoft is #2 in the ERP Business and #4 in the CRM Business. Buying Adobe whose Adobe Marketing has already deep collaboration with Microsoft Dynamics will make them #1 in the ERP + CRM Business combined. Aside from this Adobe brings in other know software like Photoshop, Premiere, Autodesk, etc.
2. Qualcomm -- Microsoft needs the expertise of Qualcomm in creating its next generation hardware which includes Servers, Mobile Devices, etc. This is far better than buying a mobile company as Qualcomm has already some collaboration work with Microsoft on Windows 10 for ARM and Qualcomm is aiming to create ARM Processors that are powerful enough to rival Intel by 2019 given that Intel has had many problems recently.
3. AMD -- If the Qualcomm deal is too big, this is the next best thing as it has the expertise in building both CPU and GPU which would give Microsoft the expertise in building its HoloLens and AI Chips. The only problem of AMD is lack of funding which Microsoft has a lot!

duk3togo

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I feel MS needs to get back in touch with customers not just business. I feel they should grab 1. Spotify 2. Capcom (mainly for their IPs) they've been struggling. Just to name a couple.

Rishav Kumar3

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I can mostly say they just buy rights to some games.....n bring them as exclusives to xbox....like crysis, dead space or other such games which were popular in their own time but are now forgotten.

BanditoTR

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
I would bet on Intel when it comes to Server chips. They are still the top brand and it will for the next couple of years and Qualcomm is not close to that.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Adobe : Seems a good fit, and they're mostly subscription based these days.

Steam : Probably never happen, but worth a try.

But in reality, they'll buy tiny companies all about AI and the like that no one has ever heard of. Ho-Hum.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Couple of good suggestions here although IDK how realistic they are. Adobe and Valve obviously - if they could own steam or adobe, that would really make the MS store. Obviously any individual gaming house would help too. Would make the whole UWP effort much easier.

My idea in addition to Valve and Adobe would be FitBit. Probably wouldn't cost too much, and would be a path towards slowly phasing in/bringing in windows IoT to wearables. I wouldn't do that straight away, but perhaps the app system could be laid ontop of windows IoT core, or windows core, and it could be transitioned.

I also think something like Bitchute might not be a bad idea. Bings doing not too badly these days, and it might be a good idea to have a video sharing platform.

More realistic in terms of games, might be perhaps InExile, Bethsda, Sega, Square Enix and some of the others people have brought up.

Last edited:

gerardo0579

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
First of all, sorry for my English

I will start saying that some branch don't go with Microsoft vision or simply, they doesn't seems to add something to Microsoft, so, I add multiple lists for every purpose.

On the entertainment side. Microsoft have Mixer, Groove and Movies, but none of there have too many users. I think that Microsoft could make a really important ecosystem with specials plans or cross marketing, so I would suggest (I think that Mixer would be especially improved with this):

• Spotify. To run vs Youtube and Apple Music but more important, to add value to Surface branch
  • Netflix. Movies isn't bad but Amazon is going further and so Apple, it is not the motive but a view of some " ideal ecosystem" by another branch
  • Crunchyroll. You have Mixer and have Netflix, why don't add Crunchy content to Netflix and make it a "Game suscription"? well, no every gamer love Anime but why not?
  • Discord. And add it to Mixer and improve the transmition with his Elixir server, the fastest by now (and let die Skype for domestic users)

With the games, Xbox is doing well but not enough, so:
  • EA. I don't think it should kill the games for PS but make them "Xbox first". Don't loose market but make Xbox better choice
  • GoG. Valve won't sell Steam, so GoG is a good step, but I don't know who owns it, but anything else is good to add it to store
  • Another like Square Enix because the same that EA
  • Do a dealing with DC to run vs PS and Marvel, maybe they have it, I don't know

In the multimedia side (and creators), Apple is doing it good and Microsoft... Adobe make some great software for windows and buying it don't add nothing for Microsoft but more problems, so:

• BlackMagic (DaVinci resolve). To improve "Movie editor" and "Photos"
  • Wacom for the pencil and really good screens

In productivity, I think almost everyone think this:

• StackOverFlow. With Github and Linkedin plans, that would be the "3 greatest" of software and employees
  • Blackberry. The "hub" on BB10 was the best thing I ever had in a phone. But it adds the security software, customers and of course, the device experience and branch including the patents
  • I can't remember my other option, but keep in mind Discord system for Skype

Finally:

• Qualcomm. I don't think that AMD/intel add much to Microsoft, but ARM with Qualcomm would be a great option
  • Another Chip startup to make processors better or smaller
  • Another IA Chipset company for IA chips obviously
  • For the sake of GOD. A marketing branch that just "do the right thing", please
  • Fitbit and GoPro. For the band and Camera market. I think it could be improved with the surface branch

Last edited:

vrans99

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
:grincry: Amazing! This makes no sense.

Do you really think that MS need to buy those companies (or any other company) without having a "real" mobile platform? MS future in the consumer space is shady, why to spend money buying?

The best MS can do is to give me enough money so I can buy Alphabet/Google and Apple.

vrans99

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I am surprised of my own comment.
I've been a MS supporter for many years (since DOS 3 and Windows 3.1), including Windows Phones (since the Tilt to Lumia 950), but these days I am feeling ashamed of even mentioning MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999