New OS for mobile.

Amir Maqsood1

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Do you think that there should be another OS for mobile phones except Android/iOS (yes WP already dead).........

For me yes I will like to try and use new OS.
There should be something else better than Android and iOS, and we should have more than two choices.
What do you say, comment here.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Do you think that there should be another OS for mobile phones except Android/iOS (yes WP already dead).........

For me yes I will like to try and use new OS.
There should be something else better than Android and iOS, and we should have more than two choices.
What do you say, comment here.
There should be another OS for mobile?
There already are. They just don't have the customer backing iOS and Android have so they always go unnoticed. Most are Android derivatives though. Are any of them better than what's already there? It seems no.

I wanted to see Ubuntu touch go bigger but that has not happened at all. Windows Phone is slowly dying. It's not that easy to just spin up a mobile OS for the masses. If you're thinking there should a new mobile OS born from scratch I'm not certain you'll see that any time soon if ever. Anything created at this time (era) is going to adopt what's already been laid out or created as a foundation. So even if a newer OS comes to rise I feel it would inherit stuff we already see and use today.

I think you should be more specific in what you would want in a new mobile OS though. Appearance, UX and functionality? Or security and stability maybe? This way we could understand what a better OS might be from that perspective.

If Windows 10 mobile had enough apps, customers/clients using it, and more hardware backing a year ago or more I'd say it was the "better" mobile OS. It would or may have flourished. However it's creator is in control of that....it has security stability functionality UI appearance UX usability and was missing key ingredients to make it the better OS. I still use it despite these things but of course it is not the better OS. To me Android is also not the better OS, but it has many of the missing ingredients Windows 10 mobile does not have. Same for iOS....

Kieran Jeffery

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
The biggest issue is apps. No matter who comes along, if the apps aren't there, people aren't going to buy it, and if no one buys it, the apps aren't going to get built. MS dot the best they could, even developing porting tools etc. But none of it was enough. The same would be true of any new phone OS. Unless it could run android apps it's pretty useless.

I think MS is going the right way now with their launcher for Android. And I hope that in the future the Windows store fills up enough that they can then build a mobile platform from it. Though even there it's pretty much an uphill battle. Since a PC is what it is, and really has no need for apps like that.

MS where in the right place at the right time when it came to building a PC OS. Unfortunately, Apple and Google were the ones in the right place at the right time with Mobile OS's. Same with Steam for digital downloads for games etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786