Recent comments on The Windows Central Podcast

tbmorris

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
Mr. Rubino:

On the most recent podcast, you had a rather lengthy comment session on Black Lives Matter and the unfortunate events that led to the death of Mr. Floyd.

A comment that particularly disturbed me was "no one should ever have to fear their government".

While I generally agree, in fairly recent times, there has been a clamor for the government to provide income (some call it universal basic income), to provide healthcare, to provide welfare, food stamps and WIC payments to name a few. I would submit that when a government has the power to provide everything, and the citizen has no obligation other than to take that which the government gives, we should most certainly fear that government, and we should do everything in our power to eliminate that power.

As citizens and members of society we all have an obligation to obey the laws, and not to destroy or steal the property of others.
Peaceful protest is a right, but that right does not include taking or destroying businesses, police cars, etc.

The major reforms needed in this country are for people to work (assuming not disabled) and not expect government to bail them out simply because they failed to take advantage of our already "free" educational system and now cannot get a job.

Mr. Floyd's death was uncalled for, and his killer will no doubt be brought to justice.

We the people should and must fear our government lest it become too powerful and completely dominates our lives. If they can give us everything that people want, perhaps they already are too powerful.

Take back your lives. Don't give them away to any elected official. local, state, or federal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro