OneNote Mobile & SkyDrive Sync

KCMike

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I'm having issues getting my OneNote to sync with SkyDrive.

I've been reviewing the following link but nothing is working.
Microsoft OneNote Mobile | Office Mobile | Windows Phone 7

In my Personal (Web) file on the phone the last sync date is 3/19/2001. I must have erased this file on my SkyDrive for some reason. Whenever I create that notebook in SD, it never connects. I've also tried to delete the notebook on the phone but it says I need to create a new notebook and set it as the default.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

KCMike

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
N/M - I figured it out. :D The Personal (Web) NoteBook needs to go into the My Documents folder.

Edit: This is a pretty cool feature. Anyone using it?

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
N/M - I figured it out. :D The Personal (Web) NoteBook needs to go into the My Documents folder.

Edit: This is a pretty cool feature. Anyone using it?
I love OneNote and SkyDrive. I keep my weekly grocery list and ToDo list synced and I'm able to edit them from pretty much anywhere now.

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm using it and I love it.

@cjthunder

From the link in the OP:

To sync your default notebook on Windows Live SkyDrive for the first time
On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Office .

Flick to OneNote, and then tap All .

Tap Refresh .

Tap Yes in the Sync with SkyDrive? message box.

Wait while you're signed in with your Windows Live ID.

Afterward, a personal notebook named Personal (Web) will be created in your My Documents folder on Windows Live SkyDrive and synced on your phone.

Type your notes.

For more info about saving Office documents to Windows Live SkyDrive, see Save a document to Windows Live from Office 2010 on the Microsoft Office website. For more info about getting started and using OneNote Web App, see Introduction to OneNote Web App on the Microsoft Office website.

Notes

To ensure that this notebook syncs properly to Windows Live SkyDrive, do not change the default notebook name from Personal (Web), and don't change the name of the Unfiled Notes section in the notebook.

Before you can create and sync your default OneNote notebook, a Windows Live ID must be set up on your phone, and you must accept the End User License Agreement for Windows Live SkyDrive. To learn more about using a Windows Live ID on your phone, see Light up my phone with a Windows Live ID.

A OneNote notebook that is larger than 50 megabytes (MB) can't sync to Windows Live SkyDrive.

To open another OneNote notebook that's on Windows Live SkyDrive
On Start, tap Internet Explorer .

Tap More , tap Settings, tap Mobile version under Website preference, and then press the Back button.

Tap the address bar, type Welcome to Windows Live, and then tap Go . (make sure you're on the mobile version of the Office Live website)

Enter your Windows Live ID and password, and then tap Sign in.

Tap the OneNote notebook, and then tap the notebook again to open it.

In OneNote Mobile, tap the notebook, and then tap a page to view your notes and make changes.

Note
The notebook is synced, so changes you make will appear whether you're using the notebook on your computer or on your phone.

HTH!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
First day I setup OneNote/SkyDrive sync I sort of had to jumpstart it, but since then I have not evenlooked at the File on SD. Everything syncs between PC and phone without having to do anything. One note (no pun intended) is to not touch any of the default file names and locations fr the sync. Then it will just work. Really.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Great!

Though if I have a tree like this:

----Creative
-----|------|
---Books---Movies
----|-----|------|
---------Title 1----Title 2

I can only pin my titles to the start screen, which are pages in my notebooks' book.

How do I pin "creative", my whole notebook to my start screen?
Also why do I have to have a default?
On my PC I changed the name of Personal (web) to Creative, yet its not showing this change on my phone.
Why can't I delete Personal (phone)?

So confused.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium