Skydrive & WP7

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guy's.

I need some help in figuring out who Sharepoint/Skydrive works together with WP7

So, if I go in IE to my Windows Live account, I can go to https://skydrive.live.com and see all my files I decided to set online. I find this very handy and want te learn more about it. The thing is, all the info written by MS itself is rather stupid. I don't know who writes it but it just doesn't help.

On WP7 we have the Office HUB. You have there OneNote, Documents and SharePoint. I'm able to sync one section of my OneNotes. I didn't yet figured out how to sync the rest.

Skydrive / SharePoint
Is SkyDrive and SharePoint the same. Or do you actually have to run somewhere an actually SharePoint Server? SkyDrive is free and comes with hotmail so is it possible to sync these too like you would with SharePoint?

OneNote
On SkyDrive under "MyFiles" I have made to NoteBooks. The first one is the default one named "Personal (Web)" (MS Created this one). This Notebook is synced ok. The other NoteBook named "Installed Apps & Games" syncs nice between MS Office 2010 on my PC and the web. But I can't see it on my phone.

To End
Is there a way I can sync everything from SkyDrive to my Phone?

All help is welcome. Maybe if we figured everything out, WPCentral can make a article about it. MS made this quite complicated...

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Skydrive is part of Windows Live. It is 25 GB of storage that is basically integrated into most of Windows live Services. Full Integration with WP7 is coming in Mango. Right now Photos on WP7 are integrated with Sky Drive.

Sharepoint is a full fledges online collaboration tool. It requires a server. you can buy it yourself (if you have plenty of cash and a pretty powerful server sitting around) or you can go with Office 365 which comes with sharepoint online. There are some ISPs and web hosts which offer sharepoint also. Unfortunately there is no integration between skydrive and sharepoint. Although Sharepoint integration integration sort of exists in WP7 - and Office 365 integration is coming with Mango. I believe with office 365 you get 10GB of storage.
Havent played too much with One note on the phone beyond that first personal web notebook.

Again I believe Skydrive support comes to WP7 with Mango.

I agree it is a bit complicated. Right now I am weighing th ePremium Hotmail stuff with Office 365. I am thinking Office 365 will win.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So when you navigate to Office and click on skydrive, you don't see your files? Because it should sync them there.

If not, the first, most obvious question I would ask is if you are using the same liveID for the phone as you are on your computer.

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Skydrive is part of ...

I agree it is a bit complicated. Right now I am weighing th ePremium Hotmail stuff with Office 365. I am thinking Office 365 will win.
I thought it would be something like that. I have Office 2010 at home and if I'm correct you have to pay a monthly fee for Office 365. Not for me then. I will only use Skydrive then.

So when you navigate to Office and click on skydrive, you don't see your files? Because it should sync them there.

If not, the first, most obvious question I would ask is if you are using the same liveID for the phone as you are on your computer.

I'm using the same account on my PC as on the phone. I only have one account. The OneNote "personal web" notebook and photo's are syncing ok with the phone. I just don't see the rest that I've put on Skydrive like a test excell sheet. I also have more OneNote notebooks.

I guess we have to wait for Mango then. Thx for the replies, now I know it's normal what I'm seeing.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Full Skydrive sync is in Mango, and is working great on my developer beta version. So its coming in just a few months now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99