posting pics from skydrive

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
is it possible to post pics to, say, a forum, using skydrive? or do i have to move it to photobucket (or a service like that) to actually post a pic?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just the same as any other photo storing service velvetelvis.

Pop your piccies in a folder with permissions set to 'Everyone' and post them into the forum as you would any other picture.

(Do a properties on the picture and copy the url into your forum image tags)

Not sure why coffee said it's a pain, it's just the same as posting from any other service like flicker or photobucket etc :)

Do a properties on Spike and you'll see the SkyDrive URL for his piccy. (Very Long) :)

spike.jpg

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You insert the URL into the forum image tags velvetelvis.

[IMG.]insert url here[/IMG.] (Remove dots) This shows your photo and not just a link to it.

I can see your pics fine. :)

Last edited:

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just the same as any other photo storing service velvetelvis.

Pop your piccies in a folder with permissions set to 'Everyone' and post them into the forum as you would any other picture.

(Do a properties on the picture and copy the url into your forum image tags)

Not sure why coffee said it's a pain, it's just the same as posting from any other service like flicker or photobucket etc :)

Do a properties on Spike and you'll see the SkyDrive URL for his piccy. (Very Long) :)

spike.jpg

Mostly because skydrive doesn't show itself to be an imagehoster (to the average user). On other image hosts, you get an obvious (and not infinitely long) image link to post to other boards. It's simple and straightforward, usually with options for thumbnails, embeds, etc.

I can upload 5 pics to imageshack at once, get links and repost to a board much faster and easier than doing a 'properties' on one image at a time in skydrive.

I'd love for skydrive to show an image link when you full-size the pic. Instead, when you hit 'sharing', it depends on permissions, you can share with one person via email, etc.

So, yeah, that's why I said it's a pain.

edit: for the exact reason that velvet started this thread - it isn't obvious how to use skydrive as an imagehost.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree it's a pain uploading multiple pics, but what velvetelvis asked was, is it possible to post pics to forums from SkyDrive, and that's very easily achieved. :)

Hopefully in the future the SkyDrive user interface will me made much more user friendly.

I think we all would like that, because at the moment, it quite frankly stinks. (IMO)

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
So my question is, how do you get the pics that size? Every photo I saved on skydrive and even my pc are all thumbnail size maybe a little bigger. Those same photos on my flikr account are much larger.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Aw excellent velvetelvis, you got there in the end.

Just look at them wee faces, love them. :)

I think i maybe recognise the one on the right, who's on the left ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99