Is there a delay in uploading to Skydrive?

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm just wondering if there is a certain delay in uploading to Skydrive or not. I uploaded pics from my phone to Skydrive and set up folders and got everything organized there, but I have tried uploading a couple of pics tonight and they are not showing up in any of my Skydrive folders. I checked what should be my default folder first, but nothing was there so I checked them all.

So, I'm hoping that there is just a delay in them showing up in the folders, otherwise I'll just have to do the usual and sync with Zune, then upload.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen any delay for me so far wellsmanfu.

I just tried uploading one there and it was there straight away.

Not sure what your problem could be.

But just wanted to confirm in a years use of SkyDrive, i've never had any delayed uploads.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I haven't has any delay either uploading to skydrive.

How are you uploading them? Exactly what are you doing? Are you signed into Windows Live?

Under Setting>Applications>Pictures & Camera, You can set pictures to automatically upload to skydrive.

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm signed into live all the time. I go to my pictures on the phone and select the picture I want to upload. Then pull up the menu and select share. The white screen with share options comes up and I select SkyDrive. Then the picture comes up, I put in a small caption to identify it and select upload. I get the progress bar/dots at the top of the screen, then the pic shrinks and moves up and off the screen like it should.

Everything goes like it should, but nothing uploads. I've tried pictures I've taken and downloaded for uploading. I did turn off the auto-upload feature because I had to send a copy of a modified W-2 and I didn't want that uploaded. I'll turn the feature back on, powercycle the phone, wait an hour or so and try again and see if that fixes it.

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
That fixed it. I've tried powercycling and turning on the auto upload feature before, and this time it worked. Now my pics upload fine, there's a delay of maybe a minute for them to update and show up in my SkyDrive folder on my phone. Thanks for the help.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That fixed it. I've tried powercycling and turning on the auto upload feature before, and this time it worked. Now my pics upload fine, there's a delay of maybe a minute for them to update and show up in my SkyDrive folder on my phone. Thanks for the help.
That's good wellsmanfu, glad it worked eventually.

Nothing is ever straight forward is it ? LOL :)

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had delays on the automatic uploads of pictures. Eventually, they go but there is sometimes pretty long lag. I've tried turning WiFI on and off and that doesn't seem to do it. I do have mine set to not upload hi-res pics until I connect to WiFi. Powering off and on seems to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss