Windows Live Mesh - It should go both ways.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish we could add files on www.skydrive.com so that they sync back to my computer. It's a real hassle having to upload them to skydrive, then download them on my computer and move them to my synced folder.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
They are so close with SkyDrive and Mesh, but so far away as well.

If Mesh was made to work on the full SkyDrive side then you'd get what you wanted, and a whole lot more as well.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
What is the deal with Live Mesh? It says that it's no longer available as of March 2011, but on the page it still has a link saying "Get Windows Live Mesh"?

I'm confused. Is this still available or not?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
What is the deal with Live Mesh? It says that it's no longer available as of March 2011, but on the page it still has a link saying "Get Windows Live Mesh"?

I'm confused. Is this still available or not?

This is where it gets really confusing - Microsoft had this policy where different development teams were allowed to develop separate but similar products and then they would fight out it to see which one would win. You had Live Sync (Which is the product that is NOW called live mesh) and Live-mesh (which is now discontinued).

The original version of live mesh was awesome, it was like a better version of dropbox - you could select individual folders to sync and they would sync across machines but also be available in the web.

It was so awesome that Microsoft took it out the back of the woodshed and "sent it to a better place" :shocked:

they then renamed the sucktastic live sync to livemesh. :dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention