Syncing a word document

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how to pull this off. It sounds simple but there are no how-to guides on thisss!

Basically, I have a word document on my laptop which I want to sync with my phone via skydrive. I have added the document to skydrive but it just appears to have copied it. Now, I just made an edit to my document on my laptop and it doesn't seem to be syncing with skydrive. What am I missing here?

My goal is to have a document which I can make changes to from both my phone and my laptop and have them synced.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Word 2010? May be a but clunky, but you can save a Word file to SkyDrive, open it on your phone, edit it, and then open it as a recent document in Word 2010 to see the changes, or make additional changes. I guess LiveMesh handles this better, but no sync with WP yet. I might be missing something here, but jist tried it and it worked.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ilsonfan

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
SkyDrive acts just like a seperate disk drive. Just reopen the document from SkyDrive (not the document stored on your laptop) and then any changes you make to it will show up on the phone and vice versa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire