How to auto upload camera pics to Skydrive via Zune desktop

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Instead of auto upploading pics straight from camera to Skydrive, I find it more convenient and battery saving for Zune desktop to do it for me. Convenient, because it doesn't auto upload bad pics I intend to delete. Battery saving, because uploading pics is murder on battery life. Especially, at times when you're being a tourist and constantly taking pics throughout the whole day.

First download and install Skydrive app for your PC: https://apps.live.com/skydrive

So there are two areas you need to adjust in Zune desktop settings:

1a. Zune/settings/phone/pictures & videos/zune saves pictures and videos from your phone into the Pictures Library on your computer/[manage] - point to your Skydrive folder (or subfolder if you have created one, ex: C:\Users\Alvin\Skydrive\My Pictures).

1b (optional to keep resolution). Zune/settings/phone/pictures & videos/image quality/[original]

2. Zune/settings/software/collection/Windows Library/Pictures/[manage] - point to the same folder as 1a
.​

I think that's all I did. Now everytime your phone is synced wirelessly or USB, it will go straight to Skydrive cloud. If you have any questions or think I missed something, please chime in.

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If I recall correctly, it's not necessary to sync, but is necessary for the synced folder to show up in Zune desktop when viewing your collection.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
An alternative way is to simply change the Pictures library in Windows to Skydrive using the Skydrive app for Windows.

Right click on your Pictures library folder - Properties - Go to Location - Move - Select a folder in Skydrive.

All your files in the Pictures folder will sync with Skydrive, and vice-versa.

You can also do this with the other Windows libraries: http://forums.windowscentral.com/skydrive/191787.htm

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss