Instead of auto upploading pics straight from camera to Skydrive, I find it more convenient and battery saving for Zune desktop to do it for me. Convenient, because it doesn't auto upload bad pics I intend to delete. Battery saving, because uploading pics is murder on battery life. Especially, at times when you're being a tourist and constantly taking pics throughout the whole day.

First download and install Skydrive app for your PC: https://apps.live.com/skydrive

So there are two areas you need to adjust in Zune desktop settings:

1a. Zune/settings/phone/pictures & videos/zune saves pictures and videos from your phone into the Pictures Library on your computer/[manage] - point to your Skydrive folder (or subfolder if you have created one, ex: C:\Users\Alvin\Skydrive\My Pictures).

1b (optional to keep resolution). Zune/settings/phone/pictures & videos/image quality/[original]

2. Zune/settings/software/collection/Windows Library/Pictures/[manage] - point to the same folder as 1a

I think that's all I did. Now everytime your phone is synced wirelessly or USB, it will go straight to Skydrive cloud. If you have any questions or think I missed something, please chime in.
    Last edited by ninjaap; 05-03-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    05-03-2012 11:22 AM
    what is the step 2 for ? is it really necessary ?
    05-03-2012 12:08 PM
    If I recall correctly, it's not necessary to sync, but is necessary for the synced folder to show up in Zune desktop when viewing your collection.
    05-03-2012 12:30 PM
    ok, thanks
    05-03-2012 12:52 PM
    Sure thing :)
    05-03-2012 03:14 PM
    An alternative way is to simply change the Pictures library in Windows to Skydrive using the Skydrive app for Windows.

Right click on your Pictures library folder - Properties - Go to Location - Move - Select a folder in Skydrive.

All your files in the Pictures folder will sync with Skydrive, and vice-versa.

You can also do this with the other Windows libraries: http://forums.windowscentral.com/skydrive/191787.htm
    Last edited by Seketh; 05-14-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    05-14-2012 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD