So Utterly Confused....Please Help

reykjavik2012

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
All,

I love the Surface. I love MS's version of Office online (far superior to Google Docs) and I see an upward trend towards MS becoming more of a "hip" replacement to Apple and Google. So I tried to jump on board. Only to find out that, Skydrive isn't the same log in as Office which isn't the same as the web builder (nor the business apps). Documents held online via Office couldn't be accessed via Skydrive. and on, and on, and on.....

With Google: one log in, access to everything, which shares everything.

Can someone please tell me if there is a one-stop turnkey MS online solution here? If it involves different accounts which don't speak to each other, I'd rather just stick with Google, as much as I don't want to. Can someone please lay out the different MS online products and what each one even is??

Its bizarre that such a big company can find a way to make this such a confusing mess. Or am I the only one here?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
With Windows 8 and Windows RT, if you log in with a Microsoft acount (@hotmail, @live, or @outlook), then that's your one-stop shop.

I really think this is you. When I log into my Windows 8 laptop with my @live account, everything is where it should be. Even my IE bookmarks are synced.

reykjavik2012

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
With Windows 8 and Windows RT, if you log in with a Microsoft acount (@hotmail, @live, or @outlook), then that's your one-stop shop.

I really think this is you. When I log into my Windows 8 laptop with my @live account, everything is where it should be. Even my IE bookmarks are synced.

But when I log into the Skydrive, its always a different log in and the skydrive wont have of the files that the docs online has - despite it being precisely the same thing....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos