Skydrive desktop and SD card

Goku1982jason

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a tablet PC running windows 8 and installed the desktop version of SkyDrive. I was hoping to use the SD card purchased but the SkyDrive software tells me I have to use a different location. Any help would be appreciated in solving this problem.

Thank you in advance.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
If I'm understanding you correctly, you can't sync what you have stored on SD card to Skydrive, correct? Or you can't download from Skydrive straight to SD card?

Goku1982jason

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What I want to do is make the SD card my storage location for my SkyDrive from the computer application. But it tells me I have to choose a different location when I select my SD card drive)

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It probably has to do with the indexing issues like we are having on Surface RT. I'm no comp genius so if I'm wrong about this hopefully someone will correct me. Basically, from what I understand, your computer can't index an external drive and know what's there to pull files. On RT we can't put our music on SD card and have device pull it in because it doesn't look for it. I'm thinking it may be the same problem with Skydrive. It doesn't "look" in external drive for it. I may be completely wrong and hopefully somebody with more knowledge on subject will confirm or extrapolate. There are some work around for the RT issue, if it is the same issue, that might work. I never could get it to work right on RT but some did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium