Yay! Now I can use SkyDrive like a real adult

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
IT finally upgraded my iMac to 10.7, the minimum requirement to install the desktop SkyDrive app. It's so nice to finally have my work documents easily accessible with a simple drag and drop. Before I had to use Live Mesh, which is awesome but doesn't have a WP app. And Microsoft is killing Live Mesh so I was jumping ship regardless. :grin:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well our IT guy made sure to get in his usual WinBLOWS comment while installing 10.7. Our entire system is pro Mac, all the way from administration to IT. Our servers, mail client, and even routers are all Apple. I have nothing against OSX, it's a fine OS. But I prefer my WinBLOWS. :grin:

Of course, BYOD is not encouraged and only Admin/Managers get Macbook Pros assigned to them. The rest of us have to use iMacs. The vast majority of our computers are still on 10.6, which sucks because, unlike Windows, Apple/OSX is not well known for supporting legacy applications.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well our IT guy made sure to get in his usual WinBLOWS comment while installing 10.7. Our entire system is pro Mac, all the way from administration to IT. Our servers, mail client, and even routers are all Apple. I have nothing against OSX, it's a fine OS. But I prefer my WinBLOWS. :grin:

Of course, BYOD is not encouraged and only Admin/Managers get Macbook Pros assigned to them. The rest of us have to use iMacs. The vast majority of our computers are still on 10.6, which sucks because, unlike Windows, Apple/OSX is not well known for supporting legacy applications.
Wow! Is this a graphic design company? I cannot picture any all-Mac shop that is not art/graphic design.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Pfft! I wish I worked for a graphic design company. I work for a public library. We used to be ranked 2nd in the country but now we're like 11th.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Pfft! I wish I worked for a graphic design company. I work for a public library. We used to be ranked 2nd in the country but now we're like 11th.

I worked for a public library when I was in high school/college. That was my first job. Back then from 1985-1991 we didn't even have PCs. The staff checked out items, and the patrons looked up items on terminals made by DEC.

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Fortunately we are the opposite. The owner is everything Apple because his son sold him on it. But the whole network and infrastructure is Windows. Just have to tolerate apple when his macbook breaks down. But since there's only so much you can do to them yourself, it's off to the apple store with it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to see that the negative affects of having all my documents available on my phone is that I can't send them to another phone because they don't have Microsoft Office. D'oh! :grin:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to see that the negative affects of having all my documents available on my phone is that I can't send them to another phone because they don't have Microsoft Office. D'oh! :grin:
Zdnet had an article yesterday that mentioned business users losing faith in Apple since iWork for Mac has not been updated since 2009.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
2009! That's quite a stretch. As much as I dislike Microsoft's slow update schedule, Apple is secretly having some woes of their own. I remember people balking at Final Cut Pro, slow release of newer Mac Pros, and no one can forget Apple Maps. Problems that also took several months to fix. I would love it if Microsoft/Google/Sony/Apple could release updates within days but that's not always the case.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have three clients that use Macs for workstations two of which run parallels. They went to an Apple environment on the advice of their IT guy. If you're running Windows on Macs, what's the point?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have three clients that use Macs for workstations two of which run parallels. They went to an Apple environment on the advice of their IT guy. If you're running Windows on Macs, what's the point?

That's a good question.

I know some software is for Windows only. I once spotted a guy running Visio in Windows 7 on his MacBook at Starbucks. There isn't any Visio for Macs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos