No Download to phone?

Alex Ionas

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this was discussed somewhere, but i have a skydrive account, and installed the skydrive app on my WP8 and i can't find a way to download files from skydrive to the phone. I can upload yes, but where is the download? I don't get it.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this was discussed somewhere, but i have a skydrive account, and installed the skydrive app on my WP8 and i can't find a way to download files from skydrive to the phone. I can upload yes, but where is the download? I don't get it.

Not sure the intention of skydrive on a mobile phone was to download files, but be able to "access" them.

Make sense?

Alex Ionas

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
well, i don't have unlimited data plan from my carrier so this is a problem for me, because when i'm on the go and no wireless around and i need the file, i would rather store it locally, that's why downloading it would have been nice.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If you access a file in office it is stored locally. You can save it to your phone to make sure it stays stored (otherwise it's more of a temporary cached thing and will check against SkyDrive for changes every time you access it).

If you need a file that isn't accessible by office, archiver pro can store anything locally, and can use NFC to send any file. Kinda buggy at the moment though. I'm sure there are other apps with the same capability.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Alex Ionas

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
If you access a file in office it is stored locally. You can save it to your phone to make sure it stays stored (otherwise it's more of a temporary cached thing and will check against SkyDrive for changes every time you access it).

If you need a file that isn't accessible by office, archiver pro can store anything locally, and can use NFC to send any file. Kinda buggy at the moment though. I'm sure there are other apps with the same capability.

Thanks, but i find that rather pointless, let's say i am at home and i upload a song to skydrive, then i go somewhere and i want to listen to that song, because i don't have unlimited data plan i want to download it to the phone's storage, but i can't. I really think a download function would be useful.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Um, there are a lot of SkyDrive music apps that download locally. Look harder.

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I have tried a few, but many are quite bad.. Search for SkyDrive download in the store and try some until you find something that works for you..

Several with good ratings didn't work on my phone and vice versa...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2