Really dumb qs on Skydrive

Rajat Singhal

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
OK, now that i have prefaced that it is a dumb question, I had a quick qs on Skydrive.

So i downloaded skydrive on my computer, and then on the first day, choose a bunch of folders to sync with skydrive. Now, my expectation was that anytime an update is made to the files in these folders, (i.e. adding new ones or updating current ones), these changes will automatically sync to my skydrive folder, which i can now access from anywhere i want.

But this does not happen. Am i missing a trick here? Is Skydrive's functionality limited to manually syncing folders and documents as needed?

Any insight will be appreciated. I'm new to online storage like dropbox, skydrive etc., hence the question...

ksbanderson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that changes only sync once the file is closed if you're working on your desktop copy. If you open from the SkyDrive webapp with the "open in word" option, changes will sync as soon as you click save/refresh.

Hope that helps.

Rajat Singhal

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I don't think i have an example of a file that was changed recently, so cant test that right now, but what about new files that you add in a sky drive synced folder. Shouldn't that file automatically be available on Skydrive?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Something is wrong, the behavior you are describing should work. (i think I am understanding you correctly)

If you have skydrive installed on a device and have sync'd a folder, any changes you make to files in that folder or any additions or deletions should be sync'd to skydrive and to any devices also sync'ing that folder. I use skydrive and this is how it works for me. the files are not sync'd to a single folder, they share the same directory structure in all places.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077