What Grinds My Gears About SkyDrive

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Why, just yesterday and today I was touring colleges, and I took a lot of pictures because I was excited and wanted to share my experience with friends. I tried uploading them to SkyDrive when I was done the tour. Lo' and behold, they got uploaded to Mobile Uploads even though I wanted to have them in an album already created specifically for that college. Is there a way to do this?

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Then it's automatically designated to the "mobile uploads" folder. Please, try the official SkyDrive app from the store.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Kind of grinds my gears, too. The official SkyDrive app can only be used to upload one stinking file at a time (doesn't utilize the new "multi-select" functionality of WP8). If you want to use it to upload photos to a new folder, sign into the app, click the three dots in the corner, create a folder, then when you want to add files, select the plus symbol while in the folder and either choose a file or select the camera icon to take a picture and send directly to that folder. Again, even taking the photos, you will have to re-select the option to take a new photo one at a time, over and over. The official SkyDrive app blows, and the native SkyDrive functionality - while pretty good - could use some tweaking (such as choosing a folder, amongst other things)

What you're going to want to use is an app called "Camera Roll Sync". There may be others, but I stopped looking once I found this one. You can choose a folder to sync your files to on your SkyDrive, and then you choose a date that tells the app to sync all photos after that date. Sounds like it's exactly what you need... not exactly what you'd want if you use the app after you've taken unrelated pictures destined for another folder (since there's no "end date"), but maybe something else exists out there that does this. Oh yea, the actual main purpose of this app is to upload the full quality and resolution of your photos to SkyDrive... the file sizes I've seen are even larger than those uploaded using the native "highest quality" option on WP8 - leading me to believe that the phone still actively compresses to some degree, which is a shame.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Kind of grinds my gears, too. The official SkyDrive app can only be used to upload one stinking file at a time (doesn't utilize the new "multi-select" functionality of WP8). If you want to use it to upload photos to a new folder, sign into the app, click the three dots in the corner, create a folder, then when you want to add files, select the plus symbol while in the folder and either choose a file or select the camera icon to take a picture and send directly to that folder. Again, even taking the photos, you will have to re-select the option to take a new photo one at a time, over and over. The official SkyDrive app blows, and the native SkyDrive functionality - while pretty good - could use some tweaking (such as choosing a folder, amongst other things)

What you're going to want to use is an app called "Camera Roll Sync". There may be others, but I stopped looking once I found this one. You can choose a folder to sync your files to on your SkyDrive, and then you choose a date that tells the app to sync all photos after that date. Sounds like it's exactly what you need... not exactly what you'd want if you use the app after you've taken unrelated pictures destined for another folder (since there's no "end date"), but maybe something else exists out there that does this. Oh yea, the actual main purpose of this app is to upload the full quality and resolution of your photos to SkyDrive... the file sizes I've seen are even larger than those uploaded using the native "highest quality" option on WP8 - leading me to believe that the phone still actively compresses to some degree, which is a shame.

I never really want to upload my photos directly from my camera roll often. Occasionally though I want to access the photo(s) on my many devices, so I would select a few photos and sync them.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
if you want to upload them to an album to share without every using your computer, here is what you do

1. take the pictures with skydrive auto-upload turned on.
2. open skydrive app.
3. add a new folder for whatever you want to call your album
4. click on camera roll.
5. click the "select icon"
6. select the pictures you want to share
7. select move
8. choose your new album folder
9. ...
10. profit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads