I would like to upgrade my storage on Skydrive but when I get to the billing page the Country/Region is set to United States, and there is no way to change it.
    My live.com ID is set, and has always been since creation, to Canada. The credit card I have on file for Store purchases is Canadian with a Canadian billing address.
    I have no idea why Skydrive billing page is set by default and restricted to US. I have a hotmail account set to Canada as well, and that does default to Canada on the Skydrive billing page, but that account is not linked to my WP8 phone.

I saw on the web that other people have the same problem, but could not find a solution. The online chat support from Microsoft was a total joke which I had to end after 30 min of idiotic advice.

Hoping someone here has a solution...Thanks.
    04-18-2013 02:34 PM
    Exactly same problem here. I store my work files there and I'm desperate for additional space, but I just can't change region. My microsoft account's region is set to Poland..
    04-30-2013 12:37 PM
    Here are my findings, including a solution that worked for me, for the billing address for Skydrive upgrade. Hopefully others will find it useful.

Every time one changes the Country/Region in a Windows Phone (whether travelling or just for downloading apps not available in the home region), a new country will appear under users account on commerce.microsoft.com, under the drop down list on the top of the screen, right hand side. Eg. US- Personal Account, CA- Personal Account.

The problem with Skydrive is that on the upgrade page it defaults to the last NEW Country/Region that was used on the phone. For example, once you had Canada as your Country/Region, and then temporarily used USA, and reverted back to Canada, the upgrade page for Skydrive will remain to US. You just cant manually revert it to Canada. Furthermore, once you load UK as Country/Region on the phone, you cant go back in Skydrive to pay with neither Canada or US credit cards. I believe its just a bug in the system.

The work around is to just copy the following URL into your browser. The sample below reverted me back to Canada on the Skydrive upgrade page.
    If you replace CA with US in the URL, the Skydrive upgrade page will be for a US credit card. I even tried IN (although my phone was never set to India) and I was shown a page with pricing in rupees.

https://skydrive.live.com/options/upgrade?accountid=0&ctpmkt=en-CA

Its important for other users to know how their country should be shown in the link above. I believe the en at the end stands for English so for other countries may have to be changed.

Good luck.
    05-03-2013 12:18 PM
    Hi,

Great tip, worked for me. Thank you
    06-26-2013 02:25 PM
    Thanks Napocensis. Worked a treat! You had the solution when Microsoft didn't.
    01-29-2014 07:31 PM