http://sdrv.ms/15vtYSz - Shortened link, public view permissions
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...q_wmQsT3CA&v=3 - Full Size link, public view permissions

This is what happens when I request a link of a photo in my SkyDrive (Sharing > Shared Photo > Get a Link). I cannot post it as an image because it is not a valid URL. What is the work around for getting an image URL from a photo in SkyDrive?
    09-03-2013 11:08 AM
    Have you tried getting the embed code?
    09-03-2013 11:28 AM
    There is no option to embed the code that I can see.
    09-03-2013 01:57 PM
    elop.jpg

Did this work?
    *edit*

Yes. the only way to properly link just the image file and not reference the SkyDrive folder with the file is to select View Original > Properties > *select image path*
    Then you have to remove any and all garbage that's placed after the image extentions (ie .jpg, .png, .gif)
    DBDev likes this.
    09-03-2013 02:35 PM
    Its not in the sharing part... go to skydrive, click on a pic, in the options on the top you will see "download" "sharing" "EMBED" "manage" etc etc. you click on it and you will get the code.
    or right click on a pic and you will see the same stuff, and you will find embed there.

and thats all :) there is the embed part. you get the link for the pic, and then you can see if that method Works for what you want to do.

Edit: I see you got it working :) maybe skydrive will fix that and make it simple, they are making alot of improvements lately anyway. but this seems like a low priority thing so it can wait since not many people would actually use it. I was going to suggest the view original thing, since i remember i used it in a Vampirefreaks profile sometime ago, to display some images
    DBDev and jlzimmerman like this.
    09-03-2013 02:39 PM
    I would like my SkyDrive to replace my numerous photo hosting sites. I'm just looking to consolidate my efforts. I want Flickr for my photography and SkyDrive for my goof-off-check-this-out hosting.
    09-03-2013 07:37 PM