Effects of moving 'Skydrive camera roll' folder?

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, my 'Skydrive camera roll' folder is located in the default location Skydrive >> Skydrive camera roll I would like to move it to Skydrive >> Pictures >> Skydrive camera roll. Does anyone know how I do this with minimal to no impact?

By impact, I am referring to the fact that I have a WP Lumia and a Surface Pro automatically uploading photos to this folder when a photo is taken. So my thought is, if I simply drag and drop the folder (within Windows) to the new location will the devices automatically detect this? Or will they create a new SD camera roll folder?

Another option might be moving the SD camera roll folder from within the Skydrive web interface (rather than within the desktop)? Perhaps this would ensure relationships are maintained.

Any info would be appreciated. Maybe it's really simple, but I am reluctant to do it and end up having multiple folders.

Thanks

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that would work, I don't have my pictures save automatically I like to select what goes to SkyDrive, so when I take a single picture and it's on camera roll and I want to save to SkyDrive it sends it to a folder called picture. I then go to SkyDrive,picture and move photo to the folder I want then I delete folder pictures. Does this make sense?

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. I guess I like the automation of the photos being uploaded automatically. Thanks for the reply

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You can move the folder on Skydrive but the camera will just re-create it where it was before, the next time it uploads.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine is not on the root of SkyDrive. I own a WP but not a Surface. It's only my phone that automatically uploads to SkyDrive when a picture is taken. This folder on mine is SkyDrive > Pictures > Camera Roll. As far as I can remember I have never changed it manually, so it has always been like this.

doom2.wad

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have abandoned the auto-upload feature some time ago for the folder was in a inappropriate location at the time (I don't even remember where it was, probably SkyDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll). I got used to sync my camera roll "manually" by connecting the phone to my PC and let the Metro Windows Phone app do it for me. It syncs photos by default to Pictures\From Lumia 920\Camera Roll. I linked the SkyDrive\Pictures as a default pictures folder of my Pictures library.

But I tried the auto-upload feature today and it showed up it uploads the pictures to the very same folder as Windows Phone app, i.e. SkyDrive\Pictures\From Lumia 920\Cameral Roll. Which is perfect for me.

Just to add, I have GDR3 with Black installed two days ago. Maybe the auto-upload got a bit smarter with the update.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss