Skydrive pains

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Well, i've been having this issue with skydrive for as long as it got integrated into Windows 8 in the 8.1 update. Basically, the files upload to skydrive from my phone or PC, but either way, it won't show up on other devices linked to my skydrive account for at least another 30 minutes - looking in the pictures hub, and the skydrive app, neither update for at least 30 minutes. I'm so sick of this delay, and I don't want to email myself images and files, because what's the point of skydrive if I have to do that?

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but its really beginning to annoy me, anyone have any suggested fixes?

Thanks
Frodo

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Strange. Mine sync in seconds. Running 8.1 on my desktop and phone.

Do you experience this when your phone is on WiFi? Or do you have battery saver on?

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Strange. Mine sync in seconds. Running 8.1 on my desktop and phone.

Do you experience this when your phone is on WiFi? Or do you have battery saver on?

Thanks for your reply
Yeah it happens when my phone is on WiFi, and battery saver is disabled. I've never tried syncing it over cellular however.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like some connection issue. Either the upload takes a long time from PC to Skydrive, or your phone isn't refreshing.

Are these extremely large files? Are you able to see them using the browser before you can see them on your phone or PC? If it's on Skydrive.com, then at least we know it's uploaded.

Do you try refreshing on the destination device? Maybe it's on Skydrive, but your window isn't refreshed.

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply

The files i mainly transfer over are small (like photos). I know that they appear on skydrive.com as soon as they are uploaded because I've uploaded images into my public directory before to show people stuff and its been there instantly.

It is an issue with the devices refreshing I think, but am not sure how to overcome this, especially in the photo app on WP. Even when i refresh the skydrive app on WP though it won't show up. So strange.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not certain that this is what's causing this issue, but just check your sync settings on your phone. Go into Settings, then tap on 'email+accounts', then tap on your Microsoft Account. There is dropdown which is titled "Download new content". I have mine on "as items arrive", this means when I change something on either the phone or on my PC, the changes usually appear very quickly on the other device. What do you currently have yours set to?

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Thanks for your reply - Mine was set to every 30 minutes, so I changed it to As Items Arrive - No noticeable change unfortunately. This is really strange.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I would try disconnecting your account from both ends and reconnecting it - I've had issues with SkyDrive in the past and that solved it for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb