01-27-2014 10:22 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    Point being, it will still expire after a year, so if you think you need the extra storage then why ponder whether to upgrade or not. Otherwise you could always set up another SkyDrive account and use that to test drive while you ponder to upgrade. Seriously, I don't see why this is such a big deal.
    12-31-2013 10:49 AM
    Why is the 20gb so important anyway, it's only for a year and then it expires, it's like a friend lending you a 20gb hard drive that you'd temporarily or never put anything in it until the day he asks for it back again.
    I'd say the people which would like this already use SkyDrive between several devices, I do. Windows Phone/ 2 Laptops/ ASUS Transformer Tablet/ ASUS Tower.

Its nice to be able to store and use files between all the devices.

BTW to you even use cloud storage? I've used a couple others, was completely dissatisfied with one service and the other still trying out another beside SkyDrive.
    So far SkyDrive is winning with its simplicity and the ease to upload and download files.

That is the reason we like a little more space, 7GB is not very much storage if you really use it continuously.
    12-31-2013 11:10 AM
    Point being, it will still expire after a year, so if you think you need the extra storage then why ponder whether to upgrade or not. Otherwise you could always set up another SkyDrive account and use that to test drive while you ponder to upgrade. Seriously, I don't see why this is such a big deal.
    How do set another free Skydrive account, serious question?
    12-31-2013 11:12 AM
    You "don't see" because you're purposely refusing to. You're proposing a work around that isn't very convenient.

SkyDrive is linked to your MS Account. I have several devices linked to that MS account.

As it is right now, it's easy for me to log in anywhere on any of those devices and get my files. I don't have to log out and then log in to a different account. I don't have to open a web browser to get to a different account. It's all simple and easy.

As for "why ponder"? Is that a serious question?

Are you somehow implying that it is NOT good to be able to try out a service for a full year for free to determine if it's something that I'd like to upgrade to?
    12-31-2013 12:07 PM
    Well there's that workaround for one who's desperate to get the free 20gb, really simple, just make another MS account, get skydrive link, then map it as a network drive in windows explorer. On your phone sign in using the skydrive app because the built in one is already using the primary account.

I didn't say free trial is not good, it's good, just try not to act like a coupon queen or something.
    12-31-2013 05:18 PM
    Well there's that workaround for one who's desperate to get the free 20gb, really simple, just make another MS account, get skydrive link, then map it as a network drive in windows explorer. On your phone sign in using the skydrive app because the built in one is already using the primary account.

I didn't say free trial is not good, it's good, just try not to act like a coupon queen or something.
    What are you even trying to say? What's your problem with people who look forward to promotions like this?

What's a "coupon queen"? Is that a disparaging remark against people who use coupons?

Is this your way of trying to elevate yourself above others?
    12-31-2013 06:39 PM
    For anyone still waiting... could you click "Had this question too" here? Didn't receive an email for the 20GB 1yr "enthusiast" - Microsoft Community
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    01-02-2014 05:12 PM
    For anyone still waiting... could you click "Had this question too" here? Didn't receive an email for the 20GB 1yr "enthusiast" - Microsoft Community
    I posted as well really don't think we will get a answer, after spending all that time on the phone. Really can't believe they don't have a answer. H..mm must not be on their scripted page of answers.
    Reflexx likes this.
    01-02-2014 07:24 PM
    Reflexx,

Got this update today, whether it gets it moving is unknown to me.

Where is my free 20GB for being a Windows Phone user? - Microsoft Community
    Reflexx likes this.
    01-04-2014 01:43 PM
    I STILL haven't gotten the email, but at this point I'm not stressing over it. It's only free for a year, after all. Meh to that.
    01-04-2014 01:50 PM
    If its true that it's only for outlook and live users that's plain stupid I have my hotmail account for a very long time and I used my hotmail account when the Samsung Focus released and still using it on my Lumia 1520 and W8.1 accounts.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    01-04-2014 02:13 PM
    If its true that it's only for outlook and live users that's plain stupid I have my hotmail account for a very long time and I used my hotmail account when the Samsung Focus released and still using it on my Lumia 1520 and W8.1 accounts.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    We have no reply from any Windows Phone support, MicroSoft Support, nor SkyDrive support.

I and others have contacted all 3, some by phone, some by email and support forums.

The only thing they told me it was a computer system generated email and keep checking my email.

Ha ha I think all of us knew that, and it was a promotional thing for Window Phone users.
    piff2222 likes this.
    01-04-2014 02:39 PM
    I thought I hadn't received the email all this time but it was in my Gmail account. My Microsoft account username is my old Gmail address, and while I was signing into my Microsoft account, which is linked to my outlook.com address, the email was actually sitting in the inbox over at Gmail.com.

If any of you are using a separate email for the username of your Microsoft account, check that account. That's what I had to do. I didn't take the time to read the whole thread but I apologize if this has already been suggested.
    01-04-2014 03:49 PM
    I just received my email from Microsoft yesterday 1/10/14 for the free 20 gig space.
    01-11-2014 09:17 AM
    How do set another free Skydrive account, serious question?
    just goto windows live and create a new microsoft account, all microsoft accounts come now with 7 gigs free skydrive , for example, I have 4 microsoft accounts, 1 under an msn.com address, 1 under live,com address 1 under outlook.com address, and 1 under yahoo.com address, two of these came with 25 gigs free skydrive ( they used to give 25 gigs, but changed it to 7 gigs about a year ago ) i use each account for different reasons, but can access all of them from my phone
    01-11-2014 09:31 AM
    I finally got mine last week as well! :)
    01-16-2014 03:51 PM
    I never received anything.
    piff2222 likes this.
    01-18-2014 04:14 PM
    Didn't get mine also .. I tipped the support team on twitter, they didn't even answer me :)
    piff2222 likes this.
    01-18-2014 04:19 PM
    Well, how long has this promotion been? I ask because I just got my email yesterday?! I have had this account for years and a windows phone even longer....

Just be patient. You will get yours as I am certain this is a deployment rollout issue...

It is a email with a green link in it... The link has a code to redeem attached to it.

Though I don't need it, I was so happy that I vowed to use it. I am sitting on 245GB of skyDrive storage and only use 5... But this will change. I am even contemplating game saves like stream and other directories :)
    01-18-2014 04:28 PM
    21/01/2014 and STILL no email....
    piff2222, Jonathanmr7 and Reflexx like this.
    01-21-2014 04:47 PM
    21/01/2014 and STILL no email....
    Same here...
    Reflexx likes this.
    01-21-2014 05:20 PM
    Same here...
    Aaaaand same here. Never received it. Must be disliked.
    Reflexx likes this.
    01-21-2014 05:25 PM
    The 20 gig promo expired as of 12 midnight last night so keep copies of your sent emails for proof of register. I got mine pretty quick but didn't activate till last night, gotta squeeze the juice out of this freebie.
    01-21-2014 05:33 PM
    Evidently, this nice promotional offer was just for some Window Phone users, because all did not receive it.

They should stated in the beginning it would just be for some Window Phone users, instead of for Window Phone users. It seems many are not going to get it.
    Reflexx and Pretec like this.
    01-22-2014 11:39 AM
    Evidently, this nice promotional offer was just for some Window Phone users, because all did not receive it.

They should stated in the beginning it would just be for some Window Phone users, instead of for Window Phone users. It seems many are not going to get it.
    really? I felt that way until I checked the Gmail account that I used for my Microsoft account. Logging into the Microsoft account did not yield the email but going to Gmail.com and signing into that inbox did... Change Gmail to your email provider of your Microsoft account address. Does that help? I'm not saying you are wrong, but that was my issue and I missed out for about 3 weeks until I realized they sent to the email address that was my username.
    01-23-2014 11:45 PM
101 ... 2345