I still didn't get my SkyDrive free 20GB email.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I was already having 25 gb free storage..
+20 that makes 45gb free.
Few years back there was similar bonus which was life time, which i had opted and i have 25 gb free.
Enthusiasts means they use skydrive like hell.. Lol.

Sent from my L625

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received one as well :cry:

I already have 25GB free because of Office 365, is it because of it I don't receive more free storage?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
No. Even paid users, O365 users, and the 200GB free Surface folks have received them.

I know someone that has around 265GB racked up including this offer.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder who the right people to ask regarding this are.

Skydrive support? WindowsPhone support? Microsoft support?

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I wonder who the right people to ask regarding this are.

Skydrive support? WindowsPhone support? Microsoft support?

The $64,000 question nobody can answer, wouldn't you say, I've been on Skydrive support and Microsoft support never have got a answer. And I'm just about maxed out, deleted a bunch of photos yesterday for more space.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a promo for the year. You won't be charged again unless you want to be. It will just prevent you from adding new files until you drop back down to the free limit you had before.

They also list their prices on the site.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The $64,000 question nobody can answer, wouldn't you say, I've been on Skydrive support and Microsoft support never have got a answer. And I'm just about maxed out, deleted a bunch of photos yesterday for more space.

@MicrosoftHelps referred me to @WindowsPhoneSupport

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
@MicrosoftHelps referred me to @WindowsPhoneSupport

But how did they help you Reflexx? I did nothing but waste 2.5 hours today and got the answer I already knew, "keep checking your email"

Reflexx, did they actually get the ball moving?

I contacted WindowsPhoneSupport today by phone, plus: Microsoft Store support, Windows support, SkyDrive support, MicroSoft Support, got to hang around on the phone and talk too the all above over 2.5 hours today with the sorry answer just keep checking you email.

I'd say if you have not got it, it is not going to happen, really about like Best Buy support we got the money GOODBYE.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
But how did they help you Reflexx? I did nothing but waste 2.5 hours today and got the answer I already knew, "keep checking your email"

Reflexx, did they actually get the ball moving?

I contacted WindowsPhoneSupport today by phone, plus: Microsoft Store support, Windows support, SkyDrive support, MicroSoft Support, got to hang around on the phone and talk too the all above over 2.5 hours today with the sorry answer just keep checking you email.

I'd say if you have not got it, it is not going to happen, really about like Best Buy support we got the money GOODBYE.

@WindowsPhoneSupport ended up referring me to the SkyDrive support page.

Meh. So really no help.

Last edited:

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Why is the 20gb so important anyway, it's only for a year and then it expires, it's like a friend lending you a 20gb hard drive that you'd temporarily or never put anything in it until the day he asks for it back again.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Why is the 20gb so important anyway, it's only for a year and then it expires, it's like a friend lending you a 20gb hard drive that you'd temporarily or never put anything in it until the day he asks for it back again.

Or it's like a 20GB flash drive that you don't have to carry with you that you do use a lot.

You're making the mistake of thinking that your limited use applies to everyone else. Many of us do use SkyDrive a lot, but we have to be careful about how much we have on there at a time. Many of us have pondered upgrading, but are unsure if it's worth it. But this promotion is a free test drive of the expanded service. We can see if it's something that we'd use enough to buy extra space a year from now.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Point being, it will still expire after a year, so if you think you need the extra storage then why ponder whether to upgrade or not. Otherwise you could always set up another SkyDrive account and use that to test drive while you ponder to upgrade. Seriously, I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I'd say the people which would like this already use SkyDrive between several devices, I do. Windows Phone/ 2 Laptops/ ASUS Transformer Tablet/ ASUS Tower.

Its nice to be able to store and use files between all the devices.

BTW to you even use cloud storage? I've used a couple others, was completely dissatisfied with one service and the other still trying out another beside SkyDrive.
So far SkyDrive is winning with its simplicity and the ease to upload and download files.

That is the reason we like a little more space, 7GB is not very much storage if you really use it continuously.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Point being, it will still expire after a year, so if you think you need the extra storage then why ponder whether to upgrade or not. Otherwise you could always set up another SkyDrive account and use that to test drive while you ponder to upgrade. Seriously, I don't see why this is such a big deal.

How do set another free Skydrive account, serious question?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

You "don't see" because you're purposely refusing to. You're proposing a work around that isn't very convenient.

SkyDrive is linked to your MS Account. I have several devices linked to that MS account.

As it is right now, it's easy for me to log in anywhere on any of those devices and get my files. I don't have to log out and then log in to a different account. I don't have to open a web browser to get to a different account. It's all simple and easy.

As for "why ponder"? Is that a serious question?

Are you somehow implying that it is NOT good to be able to try out a service for a full year for free to determine if it's something that I'd like to upgrade to?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well there's that workaround for one who's desperate to get the free 20gb, really simple, just make another MS account, get skydrive link, then map it as a network drive in windows explorer. On your phone sign in using the skydrive app because the built in one is already using the primary account.

I didn't say free trial is not good, it's good, just try not to act like a coupon queen or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss