I still didn't get my SkyDrive free 20GB email.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well there's that workaround for one who's desperate to get the free 20gb, really simple, just make another MS account, get skydrive link, then map it as a network drive in windows explorer. On your phone sign in using the skydrive app because the built in one is already using the primary account.

I didn't say free trial is not good, it's good, just try not to act like a coupon queen or something.

What are you even trying to say? What's your problem with people who look forward to promotions like this?

What's a "coupon queen"? Is that a disparaging remark against people who use coupons?

Is this your way of trying to elevate yourself above others?

cesar ruiz1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
If its true that it's only for outlook and live users that's plain stupid I have my hotmail account for a very long time and I used my hotmail account when the Samsung Focus released and still using it on my Lumia 1520 and W8.1 accounts.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
If its true that it's only for outlook and live users that's plain stupid I have my hotmail account for a very long time and I used my hotmail account when the Samsung Focus released and still using it on my Lumia 1520 and W8.1 accounts.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

We have no reply from any Windows Phone support, MicroSoft Support, nor SkyDrive support.

I and others have contacted all 3, some by phone, some by email and support forums.

The only thing they told me it was a computer system generated email and keep checking my email.

Ha ha I think all of us knew that, and it was a promotional thing for Window Phone users.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought I hadn't received the email all this time but it was in my Gmail account. My Microsoft account username is my old Gmail address, and while I was signing into my Microsoft account, which is linked to my outlook.com address, the email was actually sitting in the inbox over at Gmail.com.

If any of you are using a separate email for the username of your Microsoft account, check that account. That's what I had to do. I didn't take the time to read the whole thread but I apologize if this has already been suggested.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
How do set another free Skydrive account, serious question?

just goto windows live and create a new microsoft account, all microsoft accounts come now with 7 gigs free skydrive , for example, I have 4 microsoft accounts, 1 under an msn.com address, 1 under live,com address 1 under outlook.com address, and 1 under yahoo.com address, two of these came with 25 gigs free skydrive ( they used to give 25 gigs, but changed it to 7 gigs about a year ago ) i use each account for different reasons, but can access all of them from my phone

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, how long has this promotion been? I ask because I just got my email yesterday?! I have had this account for years and a windows phone even longer....

Just be patient. You will get yours as I am certain this is a deployment rollout issue...

It is a email with a green link in it... The link has a code to redeem attached to it.

Though I don't need it, I was so happy that I vowed to use it. I am sitting on 245GB of skyDrive storage and only use 5... But this will change. I am even contemplating game saves like stream and other directories :)

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The 20 gig promo expired as of 12 midnight last night so keep copies of your sent emails for proof of register. I got mine pretty quick but didn't activate till last night, gotta squeeze the juice out of this freebie.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Evidently, this nice promotional offer was just for some Window Phone users, because all did not receive it.

They should stated in the beginning it would just be for some Window Phone users, instead of for Window Phone users. It seems many are not going to get it.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Evidently, this nice promotional offer was just for some Window Phone users, because all did not receive it.

They should stated in the beginning it would just be for some Window Phone users, instead of for Window Phone users. It seems many are not going to get it.

really? I felt that way until I checked the Gmail account that I used for my Microsoft account. Logging into the Microsoft account did not yield the email but going to Gmail.com and signing into that inbox did... Change Gmail to your email provider of your Microsoft account address. Does that help? I'm not saying you are wrong, but that was my issue and I missed out for about 3 weeks until I realized they sent to the email address that was my username.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss