SkyDrive.old Folder Appears

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Has your Windows 8.1 PC created a new SkyDrive folder on C:, copied everything into it, and left behind a SkyDrive.old folder?

This has happened to me twice in the last month. There's lots of discussion about it in the MS SkyDrive forum, but I'm hoping someone here has insight into cause and solution.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It apparently happens when the baked-in 8.1 SkyDrive crashes or thinks there's a problem and restarts. The bad part is it takes a while to repopulate the 'new' folder, and the first time it happened to me not all the files got copied. I would have lost some had I not compared the two folders.

If nobody here has seen it yet, we can hope it was only temporary.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Has your Windows 8.1 PC created a new SkyDrive folder on C:, copied everything into it, and left behind a SkyDrive.old folder?

This has happened to me twice in the last month. There's lots of discussion about it in the MS SkyDrive forum, but I'm hoping someone here has insight into cause and solution.

I have the folder too and I dont know what to do with it :-(

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I deleted them AFTER I made sure the 'new ' one was exactly the same and backed up the skydrive.old folder on an external hard drive.

The easiest way to do that is open two side-by-side File Explorer windows and compare the size and number of folders and files in each.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster