Microsoft OneDrive reboots with extra free space!

NoNoNoYes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
M$ lost its trademark lawsuit to BSkyB and now is going to rename SkyDrive to OneDrive . OneDrive will offer a new cool feature; Co-Shared Folder, which can be set while creating a new folder so you have all permissions set at the start. Users will also be able to gain 5 GB extra storage for completing task such inviting friends (500GB for each one, up to 10) and uploading from Camera Roll will also benefit you 3 GB extra space.

In case you missed it, yesterday we exclusively reported that OneDrive is getting a new ?co-owned folders? feature. But the good news doesn?t stop here, as we have received more exclusive information regarding what?s to come with OneDrive.

onedrive-100227427-large.png

Microsoft appears to be taking this opportunity to do more than just give its online storage service a new name. ?Get ready for an even better place to store and share your favorite things across all your favorite devices,? Microsoft?s OneDrive splash page reads, suggesting new features are on their way.

But don?t get too excited about the possibilities just yet. Microsoft is famous for relaunching products with ?new? features that actually aren?t new at all (I?m looking at you, Live Search turned Bing ). So we?ll have to wait and see what OneDrive offers before we know if Microsoft has anything planned that is actually different from SkyDrive.

If new and improved features are coming, it could have something to do with photo and video sharing?two file types that Microsoft mentioned first in its OneDrive promotional video and blog post.

Home Home AboutTipsPolicyThe Big Tag Cloud NewsMobileBingOpinion MSFT Gallery Events Tweets We Like

In case you missed it, yesterday we exclusively reported that OneDrive is getting a new ?co-owned folders? feature. But the good news doesn?t stop here, as we have received more exclusive information regarding what?s to come with OneDrive.

LiveSide has learnt that OneDrive will offer up to an extra 8 GB of storage for users when they complete certain tasks. Below is a screenshot showing the welcome screen outlining how you can get this extra storage:

OneDrive - Earn Extra Storage

We understand that when OneDrive launches, there will be two bonus offers for users to get extra free storage, these include:

OneDrive - Referral BonusReferral bonus ? Users will be able to earn up to a maximum of 5 GB of extra storage by referring their friends to join OneDrive. For every friend you invite and actually joins OneDrive, both you and your friend will get an extra 500 MB of storage. You can only refer up to 10 friends for this offer.
Camera roll bonus ? Users will be able to earn 3 GB of extra storage by simply choosing to sync photos from their camera roll to OneDrive using the OneDrive app for iOS, Android, or the built-in Windows Phone function.
Bonus Offers

We understand that these bonus storage will be in addition to the free 7 GB of storage that all new users get (or if you were one of the early SkyDrive adopters, 25 GB), and that they do not expire.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got my 100GB on three different accounts (one is my church's account), and texted my wife to sign in and grab hers. I'd log into her account and do it, but I had her set up two-factor authentication, so I can't do that. :wink:

I had hoped that it would be a perpetual 100GB, but unfortunately, it's not. It's only for a year, but that's better than nothing!

NoNoNoYes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I didnt get the 100 GBs but i got the 20 GB for one year, this morning I m checking my mail and just wanted to delete some photos in OD, now the 20 GB bonus is valid till 2016, means 2 Years. Thats huge for me even better than the 100 GB for one Year.

E: I didnt had auto upload on till yesterday, then turned it on and still didnt recived the Camera Roll Bonus. I guess i have to wait.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I havn't gotten any extra. Like ANY. Not for being a WP8 user or any other free promos that has gone around. It's a bit meh considering how long I've used the service and WP as well.

NoNoNoYes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I havn't gotten any extra. Like ANY. Not for being a WP8 user or any other free promos that has gone around. It's a bit meh considering how long I've used the service and WP as well.

Evil M$, i dunno really but try going to Account Settings and see if this checkbox is on, if so uncheck it.

Untitled.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium