Can I share the OneDrive folder on home network or homegroup?

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if it's possible to share the local copy of the OneDrive folder from one user and PC with another user and PC on the same home network? I manage all the family photos and want to be able to add them to my wife's OneDrive as events occur. This then would sync with OneDrive in the cloud and go out to all her connected devices. Is it possible for my wife to share her OneDrive folder on her desktop so that I can see and edit it on my desktop. We're both on the same home network and share other files and folders but I can't seem to make this work. Should this be done via homegroup and shared libraries or maybe a direct file share? Any ideas?

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
re:

I did get this to work at one time but after an os reload, I can't figure out how I did it. I'm going to try to point the user my pictures folder at the picture folder in OneDrive and see if that will work. The main reason I want to get this working is that I'm using Lightroom to manage my pictures. I use the published folder feature which allows me to auto update any changes to a designated picture file. Super cool way to keep things up to date but Lightroom needs access to the designated file which is in the OneDrive folder on the other users pc.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
re:

The full path for it is c:\users\<user name>\skydrive - I can see it clear as day in Linux so I reckon you should be able to rig it as a shared folder and map a drive to it in Windows. You would probably have to navigate to your user directory in Explorer and do all the sharing from there.

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
re:

I tried sharing the OneDrive folder via the path you noted and can see the files but get an error when trying to write to it. (I did set the permissions to read/write) Also tried sharing a folder inside OneDrive and got the same error. I'll do some more testing and see what I can figure out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077