Can OneDrive be used instead of Dropbox in the context below?

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
All what I know about OneDrive is that I can store everything on my phone and surface in it.
My question is that can OneDrive be used like dropbox in terms of making a folder/link with for example alot of power points for my class and they can click the link directly from their email (doesn't have to be hotmail) which will take them to a restricted part of my OneDrive account where they can only view the PowerPoints and not the rest of the contents . And no I'm not talking about sharing a link through email that will directly download the PowerPoint once the recipient gets my email.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
All what I know about OneDrive is that I can store everything on my phone and surface in it.
My question is that can OneDrive be used like dropbox in terms of making a folder/link with for example alot of power points for my class and they can click the link directly from their email (doesn't have to be hotmail) which will take them to a restricted part of my OneDrive account where they can only view the PowerPoints and not the rest of the contents . And no I'm not talking about sharing a link through email that will directly download the PowerPoint once the recipient gets my email.

Yes, you can create nested folders in OneDrive. It's like having a real drive but "in the cloud"; almost everything you can do with a normal drive (create folders, move, copy and delete files, etc.) can be done in OneDrive. You can also share any folder without having to worry that your visitor would see ALL of your other folders in OneDrive. There are two ways to do this: either by inviting people by email to view your folder, or by creating a "link" to your folder (anyone who has that link can view your folder). Of course, you can revoke sharing rights anytime.

You should see the "Share" option at the top menu of your browser once you're inside the folder you want to share, or at the bottom menu of your OneDrive app (also once you're inside the folder you want to share).

Hope this helps.

Chuck Angel

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I am a user of OneDrive (with Office 365 subscription), Dropbox and Google Drive. What I've found is that each offers similar things but one excels over the other in one area or another. That's why I use all three. Sharing individual files is similar in each, but sharing an entire folder is different. For instance, you can be granted access to another person's OneDrive folder, but you can't add that folder to your own OneDrive and it doesn't "sync" with your own OneDrive as it is in Dropbox.

The drawback that I had, until recently, was that I had to try to manage three different locations for storing data. Now, with the expansion of storage space to OneDrive, my solution has been to move my Dropbox and Google Drive (both smaller space limits) inside of OneDrive. This way, with my Dropbox files and my OneDrive files, I can do everything that OneDrive can do plus what Dropbox can do if I place the file within the /OneDrive/Dropbox location and what Google Drive can do if I place the file within the /OneDrive/Google drive location. Still, everything is in one place (inside OneDrive) and I feel that much safer as my Dropbox and Google Drive files are backed up on the Dropbox and Google Drive clouds respectively, as well as to the OneDrive cloud. This allows me to use the best features of each application to my benefit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium