Why are my photos and videos not backing up to my One Drive?

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Nokia Lumia and my photos are not backing up to my One Drive and I can't understand why.

Photos>Upload Status says "No uploads at the moment"

Settings>Backup>Photos+videos is set to Best Quality (needs WIFI)

I can open up onedrive on my Windows Phone and see files in there from my PC but theres none from my phone!

Can anyone help here please

Thanks in anticipation,

Darryl

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Silly question, but have to ask. I take it you're connected to WiFi for the upload to work?
Photos should upload to your camera roll folder on OneDrive.

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Silly question, but have to ask. I take it you're connected to WiFi for the upload to work?
Photos should upload to your camera roll folder on OneDrive.

Hi Rick,

Yeah its been connected to my home WiFi for a long time but nothing uploads to OneDrive.

Cheers

Barney

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rick,

Yeah its been connected to my home WiFi for a long time but nothing uploads to OneDrive.

Cheers

Barney

What is a long time, video's can be very large files and most broadband are slow uploading so it can take a bit of time especially if a few very large files are going up at once.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, have you checked all files for the pictures in OneDrive? Mine go in 'Camera Roll' from pictures. And sometimes, the pictures get uploaded quite quickly so I rarely get to see the uploading screen.

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried manually uploading a photo to see what happens?

Thanks Rick,
I have selected a single photo and chose share via OneDrive and was able to upload the photo sucessfully.
What I cannot do is select all photos and then share as the share option is greyed out and doesn't work. Same with save to SD card. I just asked my wife to try selecting all photos on her windows phone and she cannot share either.
Do you think it could be something to do with the quantity of photos?
Thanks
Barney

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Also, have you checked all files for the pictures in OneDrive? Mine go in 'Camera Roll' from pictures. And sometimes, the pictures get uploaded quite quickly so I rarely get to see the uploading screen.

Thanks,
Yeah I have checked all the folders on OneDrive and the photos are definitely not there.

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
What is a long time, video's can be very large files and most broadband are slow uploading so it can take a bit of time especially if a few very large files are going up at once.

Hi Bob,
My phone has been connected to my home wifi all weekend and hasn't uploaded a single photo via backup. I manually shared one via OneDrive a few minutes ago though.
Thanks
Barney

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Another silly question, if you just go on OneDrive on your phone, can you see the documents you can see on the PC?

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Another silly question, if you just go on OneDrive on your phone, can you see the documents you can see on the PC?

Hi Bob,

Yes I can see the OneDrive documents etc on both phone and pc its just that the phone won't backup photos to the OneDrive.

Thanks

Barney

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
You have me stumped at the moment, the only thing I would ask is how many photos and video's are due to go up, I know when I did some video's it seemed like nothing was happening for hours as all of them try to go, would it be worth moving some to another folder for a while so you only have a few pictures and see what happens.

I ain't an expert but apart from the above time of the multiple video's my pics have synced fairly quickly, for example we came home from a week away on Dartmoor on a motorbike (No Wi-Fi available), by the time I had taken my boots off and got a cup of tea, switched on the Xbox One and all the pictures were waiting for me.

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
You have me stumped at the moment, the only thing I would ask is how many photos and video's are due to go up, I know when I did some video's it seemed like nothing was happening for hours as all of them try to go, would it be worth moving some to another folder for a while so you only have a few pictures and see what happens.

I ain't an expert but apart from the above time of the multiple video's my pics have synced fairly quickly, for example we came home from a week away on Dartmoor on a motorbike (No Wi-Fi available), by the time I had taken my boots off and got a cup of tea, switched on the Xbox One and all the pictures were waiting for me.

Good shout! I will try that and see what happens

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
would it be worth moving some to another folder for a while so you only have a few pictures and see what happens.

Hi Bob,
Your suggestion got me looking into the location of the photo files on my phone and I may now be getting nearer to the answer.
Although it is not readily evident by browsing the phone it would appear that my phone saves all pictures and videos onto the installed micro SD card. I assume therefore that the backup facility of the phone will only backup photos and videos that are actually stored on the phones internal memory and this is probably why none of my photos are getting uploaded to OneDrive.
Perhaps this is something the software developers of Windows Phone 8.1 could look at?
Thanks
Darryl

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
would it be worth moving some to another folder for a while so you only have a few pictures and see what happens.

Hi Bob,
Your suggestion got me looking into the location of the photo files on my phone and I may now be getting nearer to the answer.
Although it is not readily evident by browsing the phone it would appear that my phone saves all pictures and videos onto the installed micro SD card. I assume therefore that the backup facility of the phone will only backup photos and videos that are actually stored on the phones internal memory and this is probably why none of my photos are getting uploaded to OneDrive.
Perhaps this is something the software developers of Windows Phone 8.1 could look at?
Thanks
Darryl

Barney_UK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh, back to the drawing board then eh!

You should all know that the only reason I was looking at backing up my photos was because I was planning on Resetting the phone as I have been having browser issues with a sports commentary site I regularly use to get text commentary of my football clubs endeavors to win matches!

Perhaps I will just reset it anyway as that shouldn't effect photos stored on the SD card should it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa