Deleting OneDrive file on Windows 8.1 PC means deleting OneDrive data?

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I was regret to deleting OneDrive data on my PC because my hard drive was too full. When I deleting OneDrive data on my PC on temp folder, later suddenly all of my photos past in the cloud disappear forever!!

Question:
How to disable OneDrive syncing without deleting OneDrive cloud storage so it will bloating my hard drive!

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
On your PC select your OneDrive folders that you do not need available on the PC - right click these folders and set to "available online only" - the syncs will continue to work however will not fill your local PC.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
If you delete a file in your OneDrive folder it syncs automatically. If the file isn't available Offline (if you set your OneDrive folder on your PC to Details you'll be able to see if it says it's available Offline) then it's only on OneDrive, not on your PC. So you don't need to delete it.

Check your OneDrive online, there's a Rubbish Bin. Maybe it's in there.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
If you delete a file from the OneDrive folder it gets deleted. You can still find it in the trash can in Onedrive.com
With windows 8.1 you can right click a file -> make available online only and it no longer takes space on your computer. Some updates are coming to this with Windows 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99