Hello, we are developing a project that allows to send directly videos stored in OneDrive to ChromeCast. No transcoding, no buffering on local drives, the video is just played from the cloud. No spam, no cost, no charges.

Still some bugs and improvements to be made but if you want to have a look and collaborate with the project visit: goo.gl/OhqypL

Cheers
    01-12-2015 07:05 AM
    Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if anyone's willing to give a web service, with such limited information and contact info, full access to their Onedrive accounts.
    01-12-2015 09:35 AM
    Thats perfect, i'm just looking for an app to stream all my media files (music, videos, fotos) stored on OneDrive (maybe later on Mega, Dropbox & GDrive) to ChromeCast (I don't use fisical devices to store this files anymore).
    I'm a developer but right now i'm starting my knowledge with android & Chromecast apps.
    If i can help you, please tell me.
    Best wishes from Mexico.
    01-12-2015 03:44 PM
    Hello Ed,

When you use this tool the service authentication is directly made on Microsoft site (you can see the browser cerficate and https url) so it is impossible that user credentials are stored outside OneDrive. When Microsoft authorizes the user then enarmedia service just ask for file listings and those listings are reported by Microsoft exclusively for that browser session. Many services authenticate this way nowadays and is secure.

It is really awesome to watch your collection directly streamed to a great cheap device as ChromeCast is from a great cloud storage service as OneDrive. Let's give a try.

Cheers
    01-12-2015 05:11 PM
    Thats perfect, i'm just looking for an app to stream all my media files (music, videos, fotos) stored on OneDrive (maybe later on Mega, Dropbox & GDrive) to ChromeCast (I don't use fisical devices to store this files anymore).
    I'm a developer but right now i'm starting my knowledge with android & Chromecast apps.
    If i can help you, please tell me.
    Best wishes from Mexico.
    Gracias por tu colaboracion amigo, seria de gran utilidad difundir el servicio para ver como se comporta con grandes cantidades de usuarios.
    01-12-2015 05:15 PM
    Hello, we are developing a project that allows to send directly videos stored in OneDrive to ChromeCast. No transcoding, no buffering on local drives, the video is just played from the cloud. No spam, no cost, no charges.

Still some bugs and improvements to be made but if you want to have a look and collaborate with the project visit: goo.gl/OhqypL

Cheers
    Hi
    That sounds great. Will you also allow it to stream from one drive app on iPhone to chrome cast?
    Trying to find ways of watching my video from one drive on tv but too big to download on iPhone?
    Thanks.
    11-11-2016 06:17 AM