Free 100 GB for 2 years with Bing Rewards

Neonzel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I was on my Bing rewards dashboard and saw the promotion. I don't know how long it will last but you should get it while you can.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I've earmarked all my rewards points to go for Windows Phone Store gift cards so Microsoft can subsidize my Buy an App Day spending.

jsouth117

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
What happens to our data at the end of the two years? Like if we normally only have 15 GB, but we use more. At the end, what happens?

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I redeemed this also. I love Microsoft and their generousity! I never got this type of stuff when I was an Apple user, nor when I was an Android user just a year and a half ago.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bing Rewards members can now get two free years of 100GB OneDrive cloud storage

Yeah, I got it yesterday. onedrive space.JPG
I love Microsoft :) Even though it says it expires this year, 100gb is from my SP2, the other 100gb is from bing rewards which SHOULD be good for another 2 years! But we'll see what happens :)

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I get that you'll never lose the data after two years and that you'll only be limited in editing it. But there's one thing I don't understand about these kinds of timed storage gifts and I think it has to do with the way it all revolves around the chronological order of sending things to the storage. Let me see if I can explain...

Let's say I have 25GB. So then I get the free 100.
I'm only using 2 of the 25GB I already have. So I fill up until I pass 25 by adding 23GB.
Theoretically, from that point forward, I'm saving things that will be read-only in 2 years. But what if I want to add something in 1 year that I want to be editable even after the 2 years? I can't, right? Because everything beyond those initial 25GB is marked to be read-only. Well, that's impractical to me and doesn't make sense. What's more important to me is keeping 25GB reserved for things that CAN and WILL always be editable even after the 2 years expire. But to know from now on that EVERYTHING I add will become read only in 2 years means that I have potentially a whole day of moving files around in my future to make those files editable again.

Do I have this correct? And is there any way to work around it? Any way to always mark files as "part of my future 25GB" and therefore NOT read only? Because if so, then I'll leave all my documents and things I edit often in that 25 and keep videos and music in the 100GB because I'll never need to edit them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss