How do I take OneDrive offline?

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OneDrive: online & offline

I bought a Surface Pro 3 at Christmas and after setting it up everything in my OneDrive folder was available offline. However after installing Windows10TP everything is now online. Right now I don't have a lot on my OneDrive, about 15gb but when you only have a 128gb hard drive that's a lot.

Can anyone tell me how I can make it offline?

TIA

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: OneDrive: online & offline

I bought a Surface Pro 3 at Christmas and after setting it up everything in my OneDrive folder was available offline. However after installing Windows10TP everything is now online. Right now I don't have a lot on my OneDrive, about 15gb but when you only have a 128gb hard drive that's a lot.

Can anyone tell me how I can make it offline?

TIA

I don't have the Tech Preview anymore, but I'm assuming it's the same as 8.1 - just right-click on any folder/file you want offline, and select "make available offline". Otherwise, have a dig around in the OneDrive settings in the Control Panel - there should be an option to always download all files in OneDrive.

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: OneDrive: online & offline

I don't have the Tech Preview anymore, but I'm assuming it's the same as 8.1 - just right-click on any folder/file you want offline, and select "make available offline". Otherwise, have a dig around in the OneDrive settings in the Control Panel - there should be an option to always download all files in OneDrive.

I should have stated in my post that the feature to make available online or offline is no longer there. I also checked the OneDrive settings and didn't see it. The only option is to sync all or select folders, but if you select certain folders then the other items are gone and the folders you selected are still on your hard drive.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
IF you have Windows 8.1 on your notebook/pc just go to notification tray, right click ,,one drive settings'' and you will see to check and un-check ,,make my folder visible even if i'm not connected to the internet''

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire