When will everyone get an unlimited OneDrive Account?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I wonder when Microsoft will offer unlimited space on a cloud drive?

Space is cheap and I am sure a caveat of giving unlimited free space, will be an unlimited amount of data mining. Scanning pictures, documents, any file formats.

Once one company does it, they all will.

Comments, thoughts?

Mr. V

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't see that happening as long as Office 365 is around and stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the storage cap for all, but to everyone, unlimited? A bit of a stretch, especially considering the abuse potential.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Xandros9!

The abuse potential is high, but I am 99% sure they will police it. You put something in the could that is illegal, you will be busted! In fact, this is a better way to monitor illegal usage. They could require identification - like a credit card and charge you $0. This way they get your information - where you are, what you do, who you communicate with, all sorts of financially viable info!

All your information will be automatically scanned - it's in the cloud! And if anything, any gov't organization would love this! They can tap into it whenever they want, unlike a home computer with no internet connection.

Space is cheap!!!!!

Does FB have a space limit?

Does Youtube?

Aeyoun

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Its weird that Microsoft announced unlimited storage for subscribers more than five months ago (or was it four?). What is taking them so long in rolling it out to the users they have already promised will get it? Lets answer that before looking into why they're not giving it to everyone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077