OneDrive App Update - Notes on Windows Phone Vs. iPhone, which is better?

bmlcpa

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
OneDrive App Update - Notes on Windows Phone Vs. iPhone

I know the iOS app is different than the WP app, but I was reading the "New in this version" notes for both, and I have to say it's apparent who gets the love:

WP (version 4.10 updated 4/7/2015): New in Version 4.10: Bug fixes and performance improvements.

iOS (version 5.3 updated 4/17/2015: If you have a new Apple Watch, you can enjoy your OneDrive photos right from your wrist! Also thanks to everyone who sent us feedback about working with PDFs in the app. We're listening, and we included a new PDF viewing experience in this update!

Wow...maybe I've missed the love given to WP users in prior release notes, but this just seems....really crappy.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: OneDrive App Update - Notes on Windows Phone Vs. iPhone

"Working with PDF in the app"
What does this mean?

I don't have any problem with OneDrive on WP. But comparing Excel on iOS and WP made me realize that we are mile(s) behind them. It was so nice on my friends iPhone. Anyway, maybe W10 will fix that

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I have a 1520 and an iPhone 6+, and I really want to use my 1520 more often, but the Microsoft apps I use are much better on iOS and get updated way more frequently than on WP. I know Office on iPhone uses the universal apps that are not available on WP, but I swear it feels like I get a big update on those apps every week on iOS (and yes they are already solid, its not updates because they are broken). Onedrive is available on both platforms and they certainly update the iOS app more often.

Also, whenever MSFT updates their apps on iOS, they give a very detailed breakdown of what's new, but on WP they just say bug fixes, or nothing at all many times...shame.

Yasser Aboobakar

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

True...one drive is less buggy and faster on ios...on my lumia 730 it is slow and sometimes very unresponsive...

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Would be nice to be able to get it to update on my 1020 running 10052.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans