Best cloud storage?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm streaming Xbox Music on my Android devices. I haven't uploaded any music from my personal collection to OneDrive. However, I don't really buy much music these days, since I got the Xbox Music pass subscription.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Has Xbox music been working out well? I'm using spotify right now.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
But yeah, mainly I'm looking for a good multi platform service that I can put my photos, back up my music, possibly store ripped blurays or DVDs, and is supported by third party apps for sharing. I don't know if one is better than the others in those areas.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the beats music UI a ton. I'm wondering what apples gonna do with that service.

My issue isn't its interface or UI. It is its smooth jazz library. The worse I've seen/listened to and I had a subscription for 3 months with them and it never got better.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So I decided to just go ahead and subscribe to drop box pro. I'm going the monthly route to see how I like it, if I do then I'll go the yearly plan. I didn't want to commit to the year just because I'm unsure how I'll like it.

But I think the Dropbox plan is best for me just because there's a lot more apps that use Dropbox extensions on iOS and I didn't want to feel like I'm locked into a productivity suite with office 365. If I used all windows devices I would have went with one drive.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I use Dropbox and OneDrive. They both do the job for me and I'm satisfied with both.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to just go ahead and subscribe to drop box pro. I'm going the monthly route to see how I like it, if I do then I'll go the yearly plan. I didn't want to commit to the year just because I'm unsure how I'll like it.

But I think the Dropbox plan is best for me just because there's a lot more apps that use Dropbox extensions on iOS and I didn't want to feel like I'm locked into a productivity suite with office 365. If I used all windows devices I would have went with one drive.

I think you will be perfectly happy with Dropbox. OneDrive also has good multiplatform abilities and if you like Music... Onedrive hooks into Xbox Music.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I think you will be perfectly happy with Dropbox. OneDrive also has good multiplatform abilities and if you like Music... Onedrive hooks into Xbox Music.

Now I need to find a use for that 1 TB. Ha ha

So, looking at how much I actually store in the cloud, I'm wondering if it was even worth subscribing to it. So far I only have about 3gbs stored. I need to think of some ways to fill up this extra space. Maybe put in all my music?

So I decided to cancel the Dropbox plan. I thought my music and photos would take up more space, but it was only about 5gbs. I have 8gbs for free, so it's a waste right now. Maybe if I get more stuff to put in I will resubscribe. With one drive I have a little over 200gbs free of charge for another year or two due to rewards and promotions

In hindsight I should have tried uploading my media first than seeing if I needed more space, but oh well. I'm only out 10 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hlna21

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I totally recommend Rinocloud (rinocloud.com) as FREE cloud to storage pictures, data in an unlimite, share and search your data. I have been using this for my PhD at the University of Cork and it si really handy. The only thing is too orientate for research, so if you are not a researcher Dropbox is the easy and fast way to save data on internet.

Papik

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone :)

What about connect your clouds to big one ? No matter if it is gdrive, dropbox or other ? :) You can connect them like hard drives raid (mirror, stripping or mixed) and secure your files with advanced encryption. Sound good ?
Ask me for more, dont want to spam ;)

ani27

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Proofme is the one I have been using lately. Proofme offers 5 GB of free storage. If you like the service and that's not enough, the prices after that are really affordable. I use it for work collaboration but college students would probably find it useful too. You can collaborate and discuss things that you upload on there with your teams. Some other applications offer the ability to make markups but Proofme allows you to do it in real time. All kinds of things can be stored like documents, images, and videos. You can also integrate with applications like DropBox, GoogleDrive, and OneDrive which makes it all the more useful. It's possible work on projects with as many people as you choose. Anyway there are a lot more features than I'm not explaining. The website is proofme.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa