Do you pay for OneDrive?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious how many here subscribe to office 365 to get the unlimited storage and what you store if you are using all that space. I'm asking because I honestly don't store enough to warrant paying for space (today I subscribed to drop box pro only to now consider canceling it)

So what do you store in your one drive or other cloud services?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use OneDrive.
I store documents, of course.
I also store thousands of songs, a long list of audio books, movies, exe files of a variety of programs that I have installed or plan to install on other devices, recovery media of all of my devices, and a gazillion pictures. But, even with all that, I'm still nowhere near my allotted amount of storage space.
Mainly, I purchased 365 to be able to install and use Office on my different devices. :)
I've had no issues, and really like the service.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have an Office 365 subscription, but it isn't just for OneDrive.

I use Office on 2 PCs, 1 Windows 8.1 tablet, 1 Android phone, and 1 Android tablet. I upload all my pictures to OneDrive (from the Androids and my Windows Phone). I also save everything from OneNote, Word, Excel into OneDrive. That way, I'm able to access everything on any device I happen to use.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I never paid but I have more than 200GB storage. Microsoft sometimes offers codes to redeem and get free storage look for them.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My thing with one drive is that I do use a iPhone and iPad and am really thinking of getting a MacBook. I'll probably always use windows on desktop though, but I really need something that will work awesome on all platforms. One drive seems greatly integrated on windows but I'm unsure how integrated it is on Mac and if there are limitations.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
My thing with one drive is that I do use a iPhone and iPad and am really thinking of getting a MacBook. I'll probably always use windows on desktop though, but I really need something that will work awesome on all platforms. One drive seems greatly integrated on windows but I'm unsure how integrated it is on Mac and if there are limitations.

Symbolic links and certain filenames don't work. Limitation of the Windows servers.

For example, complete iPhoto libraries or iTunes libraries cannot be saved at Onedrive. You get error messages.

But as long the files are limited to Windows standard, it works quite well. I have around 100GB of backups on Onedrive. Split files from huge tar archives.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Ive managed to end up with 130gig of One Drive storage space just by buying a Windows phone & redeeming certain Microsoft offers. Ive backed up all my phone pictures & videos, I also have all my work service manuals & documents backed up there to.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have tried those redeem codes you can get online, but they don't work anymore. It was just a limited time offer, and i missed it. So now i'm stuck with 30GB (second phone) :/
So... Who has Office 365 Home subscription, he can add up to 5 familly members, so they all get 1TB of free storage, perm??? I need an invite please :D

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
1. Referrals (relatively small fry though)
2. Bing Rewards 100 GB OneDrive for one year.
3. Sometimes MS doles out bonuses just cause.

The thing about all those offers are they only last a limited time 100gigs for one year only.If you upload all that stuff,you cant access it after your year is up. Do you intend to subscribe after that ?

I think I'm happy with my free 30 giga for now

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing about all those offers are they only last a limited time 100gigs for one year only.If you upload all that stuff,you cant access it after your year is up. Do you intend to subscribe after that ?

I think I'm happy with my free 30 giga for now

Well I plan on getting that 100 GB/year OneDrive deal on Bing Rewards again in the future.
Worst case scenario I could potentially use my university's 365 1 TB subscription, but I'm not intending to.

And I believe one can access the data after it expires, just can't add new data.

Meteyy

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have 100GB from Bing Rewards and i get 100Gb to my Lumia phone. With 25Gb for free i have 225Gb and now i have about 100GB free :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb