Can I work reliable offline using MS OneDrive?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can I work reliable offline using MS OneDrive

Hi

At the moment, I use a Chromebook and Google Drive/Docs to create documents. Often i use the device outdoor and cannot connect to the net. As a result, the offline mode is "mission critital" for me. Unfortunately, the Offline Mode in Googles new Drive has several critical bugs. For example, when creating a document in offline mode, it cannot be reopened after closing. This is possible only while online. Today, Google lowered the priority to fix this bugs! I'm not willing to wait any longer for the corrections of this problems.

Is it possible on a Windows 8/10 Netbook to create documents that are synced to the cloud as soon as a connection is available? And is this offline mode reliable?

Many thanks for your help

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I work reliable offline using MS OneDrive

Yes and yes.

It works offline just as you need it and is reliable enough for me.
Just make sure that its available offline.
In Windows 8, there is the option to use placeholders in order to save space, so right click what you need offline and select "make available offline" although I dont anticipate it'll become a problem.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can I work reliable offline using MS OneDrive

FWIW, I have the source code for my apps on my OneDrive and haven't had an issue with accessing them offline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett